Elite indicators :) - page 609

ValeoFX:
You are indeed a star! Thank you ever so much. Sorry to be so "demanding" which I am not, but would you mind extending the lines onto the candles, plse?

Not to worry anymore Mladen. I found the code to change and it is doing what I want it to do.

Best regards,

traderduke:
malden

I agree with snowski , your CCFp is more accurate "CCFp MTF & alerts 2". My request is , can you set it up with a "show only symbols on chart" option and can you produce the readings which are in decending order, like my example and file.

Sorry I can't seem to load the chart snapshot, Load it on any chart and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks

Ray

Ray

Can you post the exactl file (CCFp) that you are using (as you know there were more than one, so we can save some time if I miss which version should be used)

traderdp:
mladen,

I noticed one situation that I had not accounted for when I sent you the post - when a line is flat, neither stepping up or down while its corresponding opposite color line steps up ( or down).

Obviously any step up (or down) is greater than its corresponding opposite color flat line. Is it therefore possible to make a slight change in code to account for that, which would be the following which I underlined as "or flat":

if green step up is a bigger distance than its corresponding red step down or flatduring the same time, then create a lime green dot.

if green step down is a bigger distance than its corresponding red step up or flatduring the same time, then create green dot.

if red step up is a bigger distance than its corresponding green step down or flatduring the same time, then create a red dot.

if red step down is a bigger distance than its corresponding green step up or flatduring the same time, then create a maroon dot.

I'm very sorry for this oversight on my part.

If it's not possible to make these proposed code changes, again I want to thank you very much for all your help to me and to others here.

traderdp

David

mladen,

Please take a look at my last post # 6316 on page 632 - reprinted here - about adding the phrase " or flat" to this indi code. I'm very, very sorry for my oversight in not adding that to my original request. It makes a huge difference to the outcome.

Thank you so much for all of your help to me and others here and I hope you have a great weekend.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Please take a look at my last post # 6316 on page 632 - reprinted here - about adding the phrase " or flat" to this indi code. I'm very, very sorry for my oversight in not adding that to my original request. It makes a huge difference to the outcome.

Thank you so much for all of your help to me and others here and I hope you have a great weekend.

traderdp

David

David

I am supposing that you are referring to multi time frame mode (that is when it can be flat when interpolation is turned off). This version draws dots during those flat periods too

Interpolation

Hi mrtools / mladen,

would you please be so kind and add interpolations to this Rsx, please ?

thanks in advance

derfel

mladen:
David I am supposing that you are referring to multi time frame mode (that is when it can be flat when interpolation is turned off). This version draws dots during those flat periods too

mladen,

Thank you for such a fast reply to my new request.

I'm very sorry, I must not have made my new request clear.

Yes, it does refer to multi time frame mode with interpolation turned off "false".

But it is slightly diff than your reply - I think you may have placed the "or flat" addition for the 1st part of each condition sentence,

But the "or flat" addition really belongs to the 2nd part of each condition sentence - as shown below.

(1st part of sentence) ----------------- (2nd part of sentence)

if green step up is bigger than its corresponding red step down "or flat" during the same time, then create a lime green dot.

etc. for each of the 4 conditions.

I hope this clears it up.

Thanks once again for all your help.

traderdp

David

traderdp:
mladen,

Thank you for such a fast reply to my new request.

I'm very sorry, I must not have made my new request clear.

Yes, it does refer to multi time frame mode with interpolation turned off "false".

But it is slightly diff than your reply - I think you may have placed the "or flat" addition for the 1st part of each condition sentence but the "or flat" addition really belongs to the 2nd part of each condition sentence.

(1st part of sentence) ----------------- (2nd part of sentence)

if green step up is bigger than its corresponding red step down "or flat" during the same time, then create a lime green dot.

etc. for each of the 4 conditions.

I hope this clears it up.

Thanks once again for all your help.

traderdp

David

David

When in multi time frame mode and when interpolation is set to off, then the lines are always parallel except for the first bar belonging to the higher time frame bar. Which mean that the conditions are exactly the same as on the first bar (no value is changed in the mean time) and that is why it draws it like that (conditions are determined in the target time frame which means that if it works OK in the regular time frame it will show exactly the same conditions fulfilled in the case when you call a higher time frame too).

As fat as flat : you can check it in normal mode and you are not going to find (or you are going to find it very, very rarely) that two consecutive values are going to be exactly the same (regardless which of the 4 values you check - they are going to behave the same way). So you can exclude the flat in the conditions

regards

Mladen

mladen:
David

When in multi time frame mode and when interpolation is set to off, then the lines are always parallel except for the first bar belonging to the higher time frame bar. Which mean that the conditions are exactly the same as on the first bar (no value is changed in the mean time) and that is why it draws it like that (conditions are determined in the target time frame which means that if it works OK in the regular time frame it will show exactly the same conditions fulfilled in the case when you call a higher time frame too).

As fat as flat : you can check it in normal mode and you are not going to find (or you are going to find it very, very rarely) that two consecutive values are going to be exactly the same (regardless which of the 4 values you check - they are going to behave the same way). So you can exclude the flat in the conditions

regards

Mladen

mladen,

Thank you so much for explaining it to me that way. Now I understand much more clearly.

It really is a wonderful indicator and extraordinarily helpful to me.

Thanks again for all your help.

traderdp

David

Threshold...............

Hello Mladen,

Would you please explain to me how to read the Threshold values on the CurrencySlopeStrength indicator?

By definition "threshold" is the lowest limit at which a stimulus is perceptible.

The example being that when the Euro = -0.10 and the USD +0.13 with the Threshold being 0.8, what does that tell me?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

mladen:
derfel

Here you go Interpolation added to all values

have a nice weekend

Thank you very much, and a nice weekend to you too.

derfel

Reason: