All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 15

thw. if it's here (JEthread) -what, we just decided Ehlers and Elders a same thing..?

fxbs:
thanks, Linux 4 Elder Impulse Candle Color.mq4

ElderFan, can you show a few examples how you use this indi?

thank you

Lime candles, go Long

Red candles, go Short

Blue candles, go for a beer.

Files:
elderimpor.gif  42 kb

Hi Guys,

many thanks for posting this great indicators!

Exactly what i was looking for.

Linuxser: Exact! - And never go short if Bar is green (vv. for long)

ElderFan

Using the COG indicator on longer charts. less chance of redraw possible.

First of all i know about the redraw using this indicator, but if you use a longer time frame like 1hr or 4hr there will be less of a chance of this happening. I'm trying this out now on a demo trade for the eur/jpy to test my theory. I wanted to know if other people already have done this. If so what was your results.

I got a chart to explain my point. For the cog to redraw there would have to be a major downward move. If the cog is trending up then take buy signals and vice versa.

would this work? so far i'm up

Files:
eur1.jpg  163 kb

sed34:
First of all i know about the redraw using this indicator, but if you use a longer time frame like 1hr or 4hr there will be less of a chance of this happening. I'm trying this out now on a demo trade for the eur/jpy to test my theory. I wanted to know if other people already have done this. If so what was your results.

I got a chart to explain my point. For the cog to redraw there would have to be a major downward move. If the cog is trending up then take buy signals and vice versa.

would this work? so far i'm up

Center of Gravity does not repaint at all.

Also, maybe you mistake the picture because I just see some channels in your chart but no COG.

which center of gravity are you using. because i got the indicator saying it was cog. and it displays on the chart. Do you mean the line indicator below the graph?

sed34:
which center of gravity are you using. because i got the indicator saying it was cog. and it displays on the chart. Do you mean the line indicator below the graph?

here is explenation: posts 128, 80

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page9

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980/page6

sed34:

Exactly fxbs.

I'm using the only Center of Gravity I know, the one developed by Ehlers. On post #129.

Files:
cog.gif  21 kb

thanks for clarification. How did this start up where it was called cog? on other forex sites they use the term cog. the indicator i use does repaint, but it can give a good indication of a reversal. the deeper the penetration of the channels the more likely the reversal. I need to find a comfirmation indicator.

I'm using the price channel indicator for a limit target.

Files:
price.jpg  180 kb

CCI Adaptive

Does anyone here have the adaptive CCI indicator based on the John Ehlers's Rocket Science book?

I'm interested to checkout the performance to compare with the normal CCI after I read the below article.

CCI - Making it better | Tucker Report

Reason: