10points 3.mq4 - page 93

Recent suggestions

I hope that some of the recent suggestions can be evaluated by a coder for possible inclusion to Jugulator or 10points3 Dynamic Stop. I am all for making this EA safe for use in small live accounts whilst allowing for a MaxTrades10 progression.

Here we go again this week. I have set 10points3 Dynamic Stop as previously but have removed GBPUSD, again looking at the safety angle.

Jugulator has been reset back to the default settings after a poor result with my own settings.

John

Jugulator 1.1 Lotsize Calculation Error?

I'm running Jugulator on H4 with lotsize 0.1 and other settings are default. I notice that GBPUSD started out with a Sell order at 0.10, but then it jumped to 0.20. Should it go to 0.16 since LotsIncreaseBy=1.6?

The strange thing is that for EURJPY, it started at 0.10 and then went to 0.16 as it supposed to. However, other pairs have the same problem as GBPUSD.

I'm running 7 different currency pairs on the same MT4. Should I assign different Magic Number for each pair?

Please help. Thanks.

Shouldn't matter if they all have the same magic number...the EA will check that the Symbol and magic number match before doing anything with an order.

Now, if you have multiple charts on the SAME symbol (different timeframes, for example) with the same EA, then yes, you will need to use a different magic number for each.

Hope this helps,

sstillwell

Offtopic question. What is the hottest version right now? Dynamic stop_v2 or Jugulator? Which script is newer?

Does Jugulator v1.1 Calculate Lotsize Correctly?

MTaboneWeb,

I have 3 questions:

1) I'm running Jugulator on H4 with lotsize 0.1 and other settings are default. I notice that GBPUSD started out with a Sell order at 0.10, but then it jumped to 0.20. Should it go to 0.16 since LotsIncreaseBy=1.6? The strange thing is that for EURJPY, it started at 0.10 and then went to 0.16 as it supposed to. However, other pairs have the same problem as GBPUSD. Does Jugulator v1.1 calculate lotsize correctly?

2) Is it possible for Jugulator to open Buy & Sell order on the same currency pair? On GBP, Jugulator opened a Buy & a Sell. Why? Is Jugulator hedging?

3) When "TrendText" shows "Weak Uptrend/Ranging", USDCHF opened a Sell order. Should it open a Buy order instead of a Sell order since the indicators indicate that the trend is up?

Please help. Thanks.

SStillWell, thanks for your helpful explanation about magic number.

sstillwell:
Shouldn't matter if they all have the same magic number...the EA will check that the Symbol and magic number match before doing anything with an order.

Now, if you have multiple charts on the SAME symbol (different timeframes, for example) with the same EA, then yes, you will need to use a different magic number for each.

Hope this helps,

sstillwell

Are there any rules posted anywhere?

Jugulator rules

et_phonehome_2:
Are there any rules posted anywhere?

Starting from post #774 page #78 mtaboneweb discusses the 10points3 Dynamic Stop2.2 EA which after suggestion from bluto was called Jugulator.

There were no rules as such posted but he posted information at the top of the code.

//---- input parameters

extern double LotSize = 0.1; //Size of initial order

extern int LotPrecision = 1; //Used for NormalizeDouble to determine number of decimal places on lot size

extern double TakeProfit = 38; //Profit goal for the last order placed

extern int OrderSlippage = 5; //Number of Pips +/- an order price can be off when being placed

extern int MaxOrders = 10; //Maximum amount of orders to open

extern int Pips = 15; //Pip distance from the previous order if market goes against us

extern double LotsIncreaseBy = 1.6; //New orders will be the previous size times this amount

extern bool MoneyManagement = false; //Should orders be opened based on account percentage

extern int RiskPercent = 5; //Percentage of account used to place first order

extern int AccountType = 0; //0=Micro/Mini, 1=Standard

extern int Magic = 20061113; //Used to track which orders where created by this EA

Since it was based on the Dynamic Stop modified from the original by tururo there will be more information on page 18 & 19 on how the Dynamic Stop works.

Matt may add further information but all we have been working on can be found on those pages.

John

Forward testing

yeoeleven:

Here we go again this week. I have set 10points3 Dynamic Stop as previously but have removed GBPUSD, again looking at the safety angle.

Jugulator has been reset back to the default settings after a poor result with my own settings.

John

10points3 Dynamic Stop after day1 this week.

Jugulator performing better this week after returning to the author's default.

Disregard the GBPJPY in the Floating P/L it is from another EA but it has not affected the Closed Profit yet.

John

Files:
jug5.htm  25 kb
jug5.gif  5 kb
10points320.htm  19 kb

john,

Great thread you started! Based on the last 4-5 months testing, If one were to start testing just one version of the 10 points 3 and one set of parameters what would they be? In other words, what is the best version and setup so far?

BTW: I am not sure if we have talked about the input parameters EURUSDPipvalue=10, GBPUSDPipvalue=10, USDCHFPipvalue=10, and USDJPYPipvalue=9.175. If I am correct these are supposed to be the $ value of one pip for a standard lot. While the number 10 is ok for the first two pairs, the other two pairs are way off and should be dynamic as the ratio goes up and down. Maybe that is why the performance of these two pairs is not so good. Any thought?

BTW, I used this system on BlackJack since I live in Vegas and I continue to run out of money before my doubling is of any help (plus the maximum bet allowed by slots is only 20 units, which is only 5 doubling (1, 2, 4, 8, 16)). The odds of winning is always 50/50 if the machine is not rigged.

Keep up the good work!

Regards, Aligator

Reason: