CCI Filter - page 13

cci levels on chart, ET, codebase

Indicator Question?

Hello,

I have this CCI indicator that gives an audible signal when it crosses the zero line.

I like this indicator but would like for it to give me an audio and visual alert when it closes above or below my 50 and -50 line.

Does anyone know if this can be changed and how to do it?

I have no knowledge of programming so I have no clue.

I have attached the indicator to this post. Dont remember where I got it, might have been from this site, not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Brad Kuhler

cci_histogram.mq4

Files:

'CCI with Arrows' indicator

I found the attached 'CCI with Arrows' indicator on a blog whose author said he had downloaded it (for free) from a Forex traders forum. This indicator puts Buy and Sell arrows on the chart when the CCI value crosses zero from above or below. I find those signals too late.

Can someone please modify this indicator so it allow the user to enter whatever 2 values they choose? (e.g., 100 and -100) Then Buy arrows should appear when the CCI value crosses those values from below, and Sell arrows should appear when the CCI those values crosses from above.

Thanks in advance!

Files:

It's a function of the period, just change the period setting

eurekafx:
I found the attached 'CCI with Arrows' indicator on a blog whose author said he had downloaded it (for free) from a Forex traders forum. This indicator puts Buy and Sell arrows on the chart when the CCI value crosses zero from above or below. I find those signals too late.

Can someone please modify this indicator so it allow the user to enter whatever 2 values they choose? (e.g., 100 and -100) Then Buy arrows should appear when the CCI value crosses those values from below, and Sell arrows should appear when the CCI those values crosses from above.

Thanks in advance!

Have this version but it has options to use 3 different CCI periods but if you only want to use 1 period just set whichever period you want and arrows=true, then set other periods arrows=false.

CCI Cross_v2.2.c

mrtools: Thanks for that great 3-period CCI Cross indicator! I really like how customizable it is.

increase: Below is the MQL4 code in that CCI with Arrows indicator that I think "decides" to post a Buy or Sell arrow only if the current bar's candle is crossing zero from below or above. When I compare this indicator on a chart with the same-period CCI indicator in a below-chart window, the CCI signals appear on the same candles where the CCI line is crossing zero in the below-chart window. What am I missing? Thanks.

if (myCCInow>=0) //is going long

{

if(myCCInow>0 && myCCI2<0) //did it cross from below 50

{

dUpCCIBuffer = Low - 2 * MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT);

}

}

if(myCCInow<0) //is going short

{

if(myCCInow0) //did it cross from above 50

{

dDownCCIBuffer = High + 2 * MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT);

}

}

we like arrows

questions about the ccc MA cross SIGN indicator

Hi xx3xxx,

Thanks for sharing your ccc MA cross SIGN indicator. It seems to provide good signals (e.g., H4 BUY, H1 WAIT, M15 SELL). But it sometimes shows more text after that; e.g., > 0, > 1563. What does that extra text mean?

Thanks!

MA cross SIGN

same question ?

Thanks for sharing your ccc MA cross SIGN indicator. It seems to provide good signals (e.g., H4 BUY, H1 WAIT, M15 SELL). But it sometimes shows more text after that; e.g., > 0, > 1563. What does that extra text mean?

T You

Conrod

oooh be careful

the above indicator -- I pull out from my archive

i.e. I keep the best indicator, then others, I think it is 2nd best, and I put it in library -- archived

so try to see whether it repaint or too perfect

before you use it in live trading - the original name have no CCC there

===

your Q

What does that extra text mean?

show me the screen capture !!

may attached directly or you may use http://imgur.com/

as I forgot about what the indicators look like that I used it long time ago

Reason: