CCI Filter - page 3

Hi, No probs.

Thanks for posting the indicator.

There are lots of possible combinations for this as you suggest here. The ones i use are relative to the other lines on my charts which i have found to be significant. The CCI Filter can be adapted to any method and lengths and entry levels adapted also.

Cheers,

napeharm

napeharm:
Hi,nnjeim,

Nice indicator, thanx for that.

Being able to overlay this as per FX Snipers sidewinder would be nice saving indicator and screen space, but i dont know how to do this. Having multiples of this kind of indicator in one window would be neat.

Cheers nnjein.

napeharm

Thats what I did -- simply drag the FX Snipers sidewinder onto the window with this filter -- looks good

Multiple Time Frame CCI Filter

please find attached the MTF CCI Filter indicator.

it should be put in the indicators folders along with the CCIFilterv0.1 indicator

i hope it will be of use for someone.

Files:

nnjeim:
please find attached the MTF CCI Filter indicator.

it should be put in the indicators folders along with the CCIFilterv0.1 indicator

i hope it will be of use for someone.

I put an alert when the colour changes, someone asked for it, but I cannot find the post

Files:

Version 0.2

hi all,

find attached v0.2 + v0.2 MTF;

added features:

- CCI UP trend trigger level could be modified (default=100)

- CCI Down trend trigger level could be modified (default=-100)

- Alert 0/1 field added

cheers,

Correlated CCIs also work on higher TFs

Thanks for the great idea using combination CCIs. The attached pix shows my H1 TF. It also looks good on the H4, too. I haven't yet used the updated MTF CCI (v.2) you attached in the previous post. This is great! An indicator to identify these consolidated movements would help reduce the eye strain.

Also, note in the pix the two MACDs I use for confirmation - yellow xcrossing the red/blue lines. Actually, this is an MACD plus combination MACD/OsMA.

Blessings,

COTtrader

Files:
cci_h1.gif  44 kb

I do like these MTF indics. The one above however locks my MT4 charts up ( TradeX ).

Any clues about this ??

Tnx in advance

mtf

you should be copying both mtf v0.2 and ccifilter0.2 to your indicators folder.

Hi nnjeim,

Yes, I did that. I also tried different periods in the MTF and the same CCI period in each. My copy of the MTF is in the lower indic window. The upper window has the CCIFilter and it works fine.

Pic 1 is a 15m and the lower window is the MTF. The full height bars came up only by shifting the seperator between.

Pic 2 is a 1h with the same result.

Pic 3 is a 30m with the seperator moved a little bit. This also has had the name changed in the indic window from CCIFilter to MTF CCIFilter.

I am not a programmer so I am not going to be able to sort this out myself. I did manage to change the name in the window but that is the sum total of my programming expertise. I do like the CCI in all its form and would appreciate any help I can get on this problem, tnx in advance.

The pics are uploaded in reverse order: 3, 2, 1

CCI Filter v0.3

hi all,

added features:

- Trend CCI setting

- Entry CCI setting

- CCI upper trigger level

- CCI lower trigger level

- Alert On/Off

cheers,

Files:
Reason: