Terminator v2.0 - page 54

Please find updated statements for Termonator EA.

Pipskateer:
New Digital, can you share the indicator you use to display the balance/equity graphs on the charts or is it a private indy? It would be very helpful to me in my backtesting. Thanks!

Attached. There are the second version but I am using first one. It is for forward testing.

Files:
terminator.zip  135 kb

And I want to remind about new version here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177320 (I am still testing old one).

newdigital:
Please find updated statements for Termonator EA. Attached. There are the second version but I am using first one. It is for forward testing.

Don't mean to pester you, but if the first version is better suited to forward testing, may I have that one as well? If the version you attached already will do both, then don't bother. Thank you very much for your help!

Pipskateer:
Don't mean to pester you, but if the first version is better suited to forward testing, may I have that one as well? If the version you attached already will do both, then don't bother. Thank you very much for your help!

Termonator EAs versions (just for information):

Terminator EA by tmaneval:

- version 1 is here;

- version 2 is here.

- version 2.03 with settings is here.

- version 2.03 with GenerateMagicNumber function is here (settings are on the previous link).

- version 4 by project1972 is here.

I am testing version 2.03.

As to indicator so I posted the 1st version. It is inicator to see the statements on the chart (forward testing). I am using first version. Second version is slightly improved concerning showing the whole statements (as portfolio for example). No one version of this indicator is working with backtesting.

newdigital:

- version 1 is here;

- version 2 is here.

- version 2.03 with GenerateMagicNumber function is here (settings are on the previous link).

As to indicator so I posted the 1st version. It is inicator to see the statements on the chart (forward testing). I am using first version. Second version is slightly improved concerning showing the whole statements (as portfolio for example). No one version of this indicator is working with backtesting.

Updated statements for 2.03 version attached.

Files:

newdigital:

- version 1 is here;

- version 2 is here.

Thank you ND! I think I misunderstood your first post about the indy. Please post the second version when you have a moment and if you don't mind. I would like to compare their output for my purposes. Again, sorry to bother you, I know you are quite busy.

Please find the statements updated.

Files:

Please find updated statements for 2.03 version.

I did not test new version #4 yet but some people said that the version #4 is much more better and more safe (less risky).

Files:

Question.

If we are using market conditionfilters so why this EA is profitable for GBPUSD for M30 timeframe (according to your backtesting) but not for H1? So, this market condition filters do not work for any timeframe?

Answer.

It works. I did not change any logic in this Terminator EA. I just placed few codes and that's all. market condition codes is AbsoluteStrength indicator. Just one indicator with the same settings. It may be different setting of this AbsoluteStrength indicator for different pairs and timeframes.

For example, we selected TF1=0, TF2=10080 and trading H1. It means that we are filtering H1 timeframe and W1 timeframe. Those filters were coded on close bar. Close bar on H1 is 1 hour ago. Close bar on W1 is one week ago. So, if we are using the same setting of this indicator for H1 and W1 as a filter it may be some mistakes: 1 hour less or more ... may be does not matter for H1 timeframe but one week less or more is really matter. Because if our filters is indicating uptrend on W1 timerame but really not so ...

I think it may be good to have different setting of this AbsoluteStrength indicator for different filters (we are having 2 filters in this EA.

Question.

If it is really important to select the setting for this indicator so where can i find this setting and how can i select good setting?

Answer.

It is very easy. Indicator is attached to the previous post. And if we open EA in MetaEditor so we will find the settings inside the EA. Default indicator's settings = settings inside EA. We may see it.

For example, we are trading H1 timeframe, TF1=0 and TF2=10080 (weekly timeframe). Attach this indicator to H1 chart and see where trend was started, where finished and so on and correct the settibng. And attach this indicator for W1 timeframe and select the settings of the indicator visually on the chart: if we see that uptrend was started on 1st of August for example according to the indicator so is it really started on 1st of augist accordign to the chart? We may see it by attaching indicator to the chart very easy.

And then we may correct the settings inside the EA.

Question.

How do I know where is uptrend, downtrend, correction ... I am not a coder.

Answer.

You do not need to be a coder. Just use image from this post to correct the settings of the indicator according to the real and historical market condition situation on the chart. It is most important for W1, MN1 and D1 timeframes. Besides, it is very important for different pairs.

Question.

Did you change the settings of this indicator to get the backtesting results on the previous post?

Answer.

I did not change. I used default settings of this indicator inside EA. I did not think that it is important. And that is why it was so difficult to select the right settings for me: i spent 2 days doing it. Now I understand: I had to change the settings of this indicator instead of increasing stop loss value in this EA up to 120 pips (for GBPUSD for example).

I will create next version with easy changable setting for filter1 (TF1) and filter2 (TF2) separatedly from each other.

Some development on this elite section threadis going on: Well working Trading System. Few EAs were developed with the settings. Some other EAs versions are still under development. Everything is on post #20 of this thread Well working Trading System to download.

It was developed some not Multi timeframed versions of EAs. Just normal versions which we are having a lot in elite section.

EAs which are still under development are the following: it is multi-timeframed version. First we decided to create market condition indicator. Then we estimated some codes to evaluate the market condition (the codes may be places in any EA to trade in particular market condition): uptrend, downtrend, bearish correction, bullish correction, non-trading zone, choppy. It is AbsoluteStrength indicator.

-----------------------

Then I tried to place those codes in this Terminator_2.03 version to test with stop loss value and to see how those codes work.

I used two MTF filters (two AbsoluteStrength indicators):

- TF1. It is timeframe for the first filter. This filter was designed to trade uptrend and downtrend only on the selected timeframe. For example, if TF1=0, so EA will trade uptrend and downtrend on current timeframe (we are trading on H1). If TF1=1440 so EA will take direction from D1 timeframe (D1=1440 by number) but uptrend or downtrend only.

- TF2. Same indicator. This filter was design to trade uptrend, downtrend, bearish correction and bullish correction.

We must understand the differencies between TF1 and TF2: bearish correction on W1 timeframe may be very good downtrend on H1 or H4 (just for example) so more highier timeframe may be setted for TF2 for example. But, on the other hand, if we set more highier timeframe for TF1 so we can filter more signals.

For example: TF1=0 and TF2=10080. It means the following: EA attached to H1 timeframe will trade uptrend/downtrend on current H1 timeframe on the weekly direction for uptrend/downtrend/corrections.

I am not sure about my explanation is understandable or not sorry.

TF1 and TF2 are the settings in this new Terminator EA. So, it is our first attempt to use market condition codes in EAs. Settings for AbsoluteStrength indicators (we are using this indicator as a filter1 and filter2) are inside the code: just open EA in MetaEditor.

As a results of the improvement:

- we may trade this Terminator EA with stop loss value in any direction (not long only or not short only; we may trade in both direction);

- EA will select the right direction by itself.

- it is necessary to find right settings for this EA to be sucessfull with any pairs. The settings should be different for different pairs. We may "play" with stop loss value, TF1 and TF2, take profit and OpenOrdersBasedOn.

- performance of this E depends on market condition which is for us the following: it depends on when you start to trade.

This EA is backtesting slowly so please find the version for backtesting and version for trading (together with all the indicators and backtesting results) attached to this post.

------------------

Settings.

- First image is backtesting for EURUSD, H1 timeframe, stop loss=70 (default one), TF1=0 (default one) and TF2=0 (default one). Other settings are default.

- Second image: EURUSD, H1 timeframe, stop loss=70 (default one), TF1=0 (to filter on current timeframe), TF2=10080 (weekly direction), maximum trades=7.

- 3rd image: USDJPY, H1 timeframe, stop loss = 120, maximum trades =7, OpenOrdersBasedOn = 4, TF1=0, TF2=1440. Other settings are default.

- 4th image: GBPUSD, M30 timeframe, stop loss = 70, OpenOrdersBasedOn = 5, TF1=0, TF2=0. Other settings are default.

-------------

Losses.

This kind of systems are very risky. For example, you selected maximum trades =7. If you have a loss it means that all 7 trades got stop loss and lot size is increasing in this system. Stop loss may be 70, may be 120 pips per trade, or some other value you selected. Can you imagine how big your losses will be? Losses may be kill all your profit which you gained during the half a year for example. That is why it is risky. Don't use it with real money untill you will be fully sure that it works.

You may optimize the setting, especially for AbsoluteStrength indicator but optimization is going very slowly do I did not make it. I did not optimize the settings. I just changed maximum trades value, OpenOrdersBasedOn, TF1 and TF2 and stop loss value.

----------------

Please note that this decision about market condition is based just on one indicator only: AbsoluteStrength indicator. It is 'normal' indicator and I am using just different interpretation about how to use it. Nothng special. Besides, this indicator does not have any forecasting possibility about futue possible market condition. But it is first step. Next codes may be realted to Ichimoku indicator with forecasting possibility, and some other indicators/systems we finally we will have few market condition codes/indicators/EAs. It is our very first step to develop EA Switcher.

Reason: