Help me test two EAs: Trend Rider & Extreme Scalper - page 3

forextrades:
Here are my open trades. I'm just curious as to why some trades are one full lot and the others are one mini lot.

It is because you used money management (default setting). It anticipates that certain trades are expected to be profitable so it raises the lot to risk level, if mm is off, it will all remain the original lot size

TrendRider_v2.3

Investor_me,

so far the results of the forward test are not good at all. This test was started with EA's default settings. One day later, I changed the mm_risk to 5, with no better results. Maybe we should experiment a little with other levels of trailing stop and initial stop loss.

I ask myself if your results may look better.

mamba22:
Investor_me,

so far the results of the forward test are not good at all. This test was started with EA's default settings. One day later, I changed the mm_risk to 5, with no better results. Maybe we should experiment a little with other levels of trailing stop and initial stop loss.

I ask myself if your results may look better.

I'm still doing some work on the EA. I also didn't get as good results in the forward test as those in the backtest. I think I'll have to do more work on it. I also suggest you check v2.4 if you can.

investor_me:
I'm still doing some work on the EA. I also didn't get as good results in the forward test as those in the backtest. I think I'll have to do more work on it. I also suggest you check v2.4 if you can.

Is this version already posted? I can't find it!

mamba22:
Is this version already posted? I can't find it!

It's attached here. Sorry for the confusion. One more thing though. I've realized that it is rather better to try it on each pair independently, or when you try them on multiple pairs, monitor the progress of each pair to see how it goes. I've noticed that the EA was profitable most for EURUSD. You can play with parameters to figure out the optimized settings based on your backtests for the last week or two.

Files:

My EA is riding the trend right now (EURUSD).

Total profit so far : 1440 pips

SL secures 1,000 pips profit with this order, risk level is 3.

Seems it has hope with EURUSD! I'll stick with it in the meantime.

note: I've removed a -5 pip trade using another EA running simultanuously

investor_me:
Total profit so far : 1440 pips

What you have, are not pips, you have just profit in deposit currency.

This version looks really better, but all depends also on the time when the trade was started. Mine was started at another time.

I'll attach tomorrow my results.

These are my results since yesterday noon. I've set only MM to false, all the other parameters remain as default.

First all looked good, but than I realized that in comparison to the other pairs, there were opened a lot of orders in gbpusd currency pair. I don't know why this is so! Maybe you could explain that.

I will play now with the other parameter.

Files:
tr_v2.4.htm  122 kb

mamba22:
These are my results since yesterday noon. I've set only MM to false, all the other parameters remain as default.

First all looked good, but than I realized that in comparison to the other pairs, there were opened a lot of orders in gbpusd currency pair. I don't know why this is so! Maybe you could explain that.

I will play now with the other parameter.

I think it has to do with the conditions to open trades for GBPUSD, and I think I better constrain it a bit. It also has to do with the optimized parameters.

Honestly, I have come to a point that I will have to raise my programing skills a bit higher and use some sort of neural algorithms that would detect the expected behaviour of the pair given earlier performance. I'm working on that right now. I'm stuck in a procedure to do the optimization of the same EA before starting the trading process, which means that TP/SL dynamic values will be adjusted every day in a continuous process.

I had a few losing trades, but now there is a strong trend going on in the gbpjpy pair, and it's already up $2,000+ in an open order.

ver 2.4.1 out

Here's another version (2.4.1) updated for the higher risk cases.

It's optimized for high risk (I've optimized it for risk (5)).

Try it out for today on forward testing. Backtesting will only work for last month, it's not optimized for 2004, or early 2005 because its parameter values differ according to market behaviour.

Please use it for those pairs only:

EURUSD

USDCHF

GBSUSD

USDJPY

I'm yet to optimize it for the other pairs, but I posted this so you can try it on Friday's session. The fully optimized version for all pairs will be out hopefully in the weekend.

Files:
Reason: