Strategy Tester And Real Trading Conflict

Hello everyone..

i want your suggestions ...If an EA strategy is working really fine and showing good results on tester but not coming up with the same in real trading what can be the main reasons behind this?

this has been discuss before, please search around

ymcheema1:

i want your suggestions ...If an EA strategy is working really fine and showing good results on tester but not coming up with the same in real trading what can be the main reasons behind this?

Do you use forward testing on strategy tester? If you don't, I suggest you start doing it to filter several of these good results you mean and find yourself some of the reasons.

But if you want to know the main reasons, the answer for me is quite simple: backtesting is backtesting and future is future, for any EA.

the strategy test must be 99.90% tick data, unless backtest is useless to judge the EA

aerotamilan:
the strategy test must be 99.90% tick data, unless backtest is useless to judge the EA
This is neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition. This percentage only means that your are using tick data. That doesn't say anything about the EA or the strategy.

ymcheema1:

Hello everyone..

What kind of trades your ea perform?

angevoyageur:
This is neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition. This percentage only means that your are using tick data. That doesn't say anything about the EA or the strategy.
so the thing is ,,we can not trust the results even its some thing like 99.90%.then what can be the best method to test unless we are not testing it in real ?

ymcheema1:
so the thing is ,,we can not trust the results even its some thing like 99.90%.then what can be the best method to test unless we are not testing it in real ?
I don't think there is an universal answer, it depends of the strategy.
Reason: