How to backtest or optimize an EA with MULTI TIME FRAMES

Hi I have an EA that uses a higher TF to determine a moving average crossover then goes to a lower time frame to determine when to get into my trade based on my conditions. Is there a way to backtest this or optimize it ? I was told there isn’t a way in mt4 and wondering why this is ? My developer said it was not possible and the data would not be accurate ? I am confused as to why and if there is a solution for this ?

Run it on the lowest timeframe. Higher TFs will be fine if you handle:

On MT4: Unless the current chart is that specific symbol(s)/TF(s) referenced, you must handle 4066/4073 errors before accessing candle/indicator values.
          Download history in MQL4 EA - Forex Calendar - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 № 4 2019.05.20

On MT5: Unless the chart is that specific pair/TF, you must synchronize the terminal Data from the Server before accessing candle/indicator values.
          Is it mystical?! It is! - Withdraw - Technical Indicators - MQL5 programming forum 2019.05.31
          Timeseries and Indicators Access / Data Access - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
          Synchronize Server Data with Terminal Data - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum
          SymbolInfoInteger doesn't work - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum 2019.09.03
          OnCalculate during weekend MT5 - General - MQL5 programming forum

William Roeder #:

Run it on the lowest timeframe. Higher TFs will be fine if you handle:

On MT4: Unless the current chart is that specific symbol(s)/TF(s) referenced, you must handle 4066/4073 errors before accessing candle/indicator values.
          Download history in MQL4 EA - Forex Calendar - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 № 4 2019.05.20

On MT5: Unless the chart is that specific pair/TF, you must synchronize the terminal Data from the Server before accessing candle/indicator values.
          Is it mystical?! It is! - Withdraw - Technical Indicators - MQL5 programming forum 2019.05.31
          Timeseries and Indicators Access / Data Access - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
          Synchronize Server Data with Terminal Data - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum
          SymbolInfoInteger doesn't work - Symbols - General - MQL5 programming forum 2019.09.03
          OnCalculate during weekend MT5 - General - MQL5 programming forum

Hi, I have an mt5 EA that opens 4 chart windows of the same symbol, different TFs, and attaches an indicator 4 times to the charts respectively. The MTF indicator replicas communicate with the EA by GlobalVariables and the EA controls the orders. In this case can I directly backtest/optimize the EA based on the lowest TF to get the correct result without explicit synchronization?

Thanks!

Reason: