Volatility Quality Index - page 26

omelette:
I'm pretty sure Raff already commented on this - I think he said it's calculated in exactly the same way, there are just different default settings.

I know. I was just being facetious. That's why I put that other indicator there so he could compare and see they were the same. Thanks though.

I have a small question, i`ve seen that vq with same settings in different brokers or version gives different signals, which broker and version do you recomment to use?

cami:
I have a small question, i`ve seen that vq with same settings in different brokers or version gives different signals, which broker and version do you recomment to use?

Try FXDD and InterbankFX (For Charting-Your choice on who you trade with).

which settings do you think are the best to use for 5min chart?, i am using 5313 and 3313, but still many false signals appear.

I have a small question about the vq, if we use a vq of 60mins in a 5mins timeframe does it repaint or not?, is it like a mtf indicator.

could anyone recommend two settings for 5min using vq, that could be reliable? the one i use of 5,3,13, and 3,1,3,3 gives a lot of false signals.

thanks a lot

Vq

for 5 min chart....I use..4,3,1,1,....and second one can be...4,3,1,3.

one more question..looking for.. Ea VQ?

THANKS lukas

It might sound funny but try out the following values.

Length=7

method=7

smoothing=7

filter=7

on the 15TF especially GBP/USD and the USD/JPY

do not judge it before you try it.

It even looks better on the 30TF

Vq

can anybody make chanel from VQ?

Could be very interesting indicator...and helpful

lukas

67-17454:
I look forward to learning more and watching this indicator as it progresses!

I just did some 'back of the envelope' analysis if this was an EA and I let it autotrade on GBPUSD and EURUSD and the results were impressive.

For 1 week, +308 pips on GBPUSD (no losing trades) and +100 pips on EURUSD (two losing trades). I know, mileage may vary.

Looking forward to forward testing.

Is there any way when there's a reversal to add an alert screen with market details at that time to make it a little easier (rather than just ring a bell)?

what are are you entry and exit rules that you used for your manual backtesting?

Something Interesting....I think

I was playing with the VQ indicator and the HMA Modified indicator along with the HA_Smoothed on the 1 hour chart. While backtesting different settings on the VQ indicator I noticed something interesting.

The VQ buy sell indicators almost always lined up when the HA indicator crossed the HMA modified. What is more interesting is that when HA crosses the HMA it is a great enter/exit signal. It is when the HA candle body crossing HMA.

Here are my settings if you are interested in looking at this phenomena:

TF 1 Hr (I find VQ not very good under 1 Hr)

VQ Settings

Timeframe 60

Length 7

Method 3

Smoothing 7

Filter 2

HMA Modified

HMA Period 48

HA Smoothed (Heiken-Ashi Smoothed)

0,1,3,2 (default)

Just thought I'd share it.

Reason: