yes, stoploss in this ea is based on time. After acertain amount of time (several days) if the trade is not in profit it is closed.
This type of stoploss can be very risky ( if a trade is open at news times for example) and I think that that is the reason for big losing trades in the back tests provided.
I think that the stoploss problem is the most important thing initially to improve this ea. Maybe adding an equity stoploss to protect account?
Rarango, thanks for posting the presets!
Kelvintan, thanks for your Alpari results. It appears that the trick to making this more successful is to screen-out the big losses. I'll work on some time and indicator filters over the weekend and post some thoughts.
v 1.1 of the EA with updated default parameters and one more to define the time to wait before confirming an exit
this was updated on July 27, 2006 on Yahoo groups indicators and Experts from Investor Me, maybe this final update from the author will help improve the EA, noticed the SL went down from 10000 to 3000.
Simple-MACD-EA version v1.4
This is the last version of EA.
Tuturo has done a few changes and improvements:
1. Added static stop loss parameter. I know this will affect the profit, but I need to know that I am not going to be wiped out if my internet connection stops. You can still set it to zero to disable it.
2. Changed the magic number and order comment to be different from the Pivot Magic EA
3. Updated the comment headers on the functions to reflect their true nature.
4. Introduced BUY_ORDER and SELL_ORDER constants for readability.
5. Used the MAGIC number in order selection so that the EA only operates on it's own orders.
6. Outputs the error description if an order fails to send, rather than the errror number.
7. Removed rendundant if statement in the last few lines.
BTW, I abandoned it due to the large losses.
is there is new here or updates or any fresh reults
Here you go.
Results for past month on Euro.
Thanks. Appreciate your effort.
MACD simple EA
I'm looking for MACD EA for MT4.
Bascily all it should do, its to generate Sell or Buy sygnal when Macd line cross the line 0(zero).
Can you help me, please?
As I know it is standard EA in Metatrader.
But I moved your post to the thread with MACD EA.
The other threads with MACD EAs:
And this MACD thread where you can find many our forum links to MACD EAs https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018
Please enable the necessary setting in your browser, otherwise you will not be able to log in.