SIMPLE-MACD-EA : An extremely simple EA based on 2 channels of MACD. Try it! - page 5

2 Step Execution

David,

Kindly make the SL & TP a 2step execution as I am using ECN broker.

Thank you.

Simple Expert Advisor

Hi everybody!

I am looking for free simple EA.I need only to make sell and by with stop loss and money management.Any suggestions?

MACD for AUDUSD daily only ...

This EA falls into this category and that is why I am posting it here (it is an extremely simple MACD EA, made by Ilkyu Lee)

It was first posted at metatrader site and I was curious if I can replicate results (since the modeling quality was not good for the the presented result - this result :

With 90% modeling quality results for the tested period are still not bad so I think it deserves to be posted here. Trading is AUDUSD only and Daily chart only (it is hard coded to do so and on other symbols and other time frames it will even not trade). Testing period (the same as the sample) from May 1 2010 to May 1 2012. Results from my tests are attached here

mladen:
This EA falls into this category and that is why I am posting it here (it is an extremely simple MACD EA, made by Ilkyu Lee)...

Thanks for posting this Mladen. Thrown it on a backtester and my results mimmic yours.. Would have been nice to play around with the MM and TF to see what happens thou - but, regardless it looks promising..

Mone management added ...

Added MM in this one

If you specify risk > 0, then it will use the risk to calculate lot size (risk is in %). Otherwise it will use the fixed lot size specified by LotsToTrade parameter. As an example , these are the results with 1% risk set (still daily time frame, tested from May 1 2010 till today)

burningmunkey:
Thanks for posting this Mladen. Thrown it on a backtester and my results mimmic yours.. Would have been nice to play around with the MM and TF to see what happens thou - but, regardless it looks promising..

For those eventually thought to convert it to metatrader 5 based on metatrader 4 results.

Here is a metatrader 5 version but the results are not the same as the one from metatrader4. Will check why is it happening, but in the meantime here is the ea and the test results with same settings as the default "no MM" EA version does for the same period of time. It is still an extremely simple EA (very easy to read too)

PS: with somewhat changed parameters (stop loss set to 50 pips and hours set to 6 to 16) the results are these :

Disregard previous post

This version should be used. These are the results (default parameters, the same as the metatrader counterpart) As it is obvious, now the results are almost the same

Metatrader 5 version with money management added ...

Updated metatrader 5 version

Added money management for this one too. Removed limitation to trade only on AUDUSD and daily (still it is a system that is originally designed to trade on AUDUSD daily chart only). MACD parameters as well as stop loss, risk reward and risk can be controlled, so one can test it on any symbol and any time frame with any settings one prefers (nothing is fixed in the EA now)

Test results with 2% risk (if risk is 0, then fixed lot ize specified by parameters is used):

Fooling around Stop loss set to 50 pips, the rest is the same

Files:
Reason: