Coding help - page 638

pls look at this post mr. mladen #6360

Hi

It seems expert is busy and learner had to wait, no way!

mntiwana, all the parameters works, in fact the purpose of Filtered Price indicator is to reduce noise from price data.

In the Step you have to try filter value in pip. Try 0.003 in H4 and see result. Too big or too small will not work!

Try Factor between 1 to 3 and see the result.

I don't think any indicator including this one can predict the price change in advance. The indicator has advantages if I have done my job right.

The most important is little lag and good follower of strong trends. I have made some automated test but no serious real trading.

So be careful, the indicator is just a test.

Best,

Preethika:
pls look at this post mr. mladen #6360
As far as I see, when there is no open order it will use the initial lot size

Hi all and masters:

I have a problem with my code. My indicator has more than 10 indicators inside. Is almost finished but now there is a problem adding last indicator code. No errors in code but I cant see the arrows.

This is the line with conflitcs:

gh = NormalizeDouble((Bars - IndicatorCounted()) / (TF / Period()), 0); 

If I remove Bars-IndicatorCounted() works fine but of course this indicator doesnt work.

I think there is a problem with usual code that I also use for anothers indicators with Bars and IndicatorCounted...

int NeedBarsCounted;

if (LastBars == Bars) return(0);

NeedBarsCounted = Bars - LastBars;

LastBars = Bars;

if (NeedBarsCounted == Bars) 

NeedBarsCounted--;

for (int i = NeedBarsCounted; i >= 1; i--)

{   

What can I do about it? Function Call?

Thank you in advance. 

elea:

Hi all and masters:

I have a problem with my code. My indicator has more than 10 indicators inside. Is almost finished but now there is a problem adding last indicator code. No errors in code but I cant see the arrows.

This is the line with conflitcs:

gh = NormalizeDouble((Bars - IndicatorCounted()) / (TF / Period()), 0); 

If I remove Bars-IndicatorCounted() works fine but of course this indicator doesnt work.

I think there is a problem with usual code that I also use for anothers indicators with Bars and IndicatorCounted...

int NeedBarsCounted;

if (LastBars == Bars) return(0);

NeedBarsCounted = Bars - LastBars;

LastBars = Bars;

if (NeedBarsCounted == Bars) 

NeedBarsCounted--;

for (int i = NeedBarsCounted; i >= 1; i--)

{   

What can I do about it? Function Call?

Thank you in advance. 

elea

Based on a partial code nothing can be concluded - and the code part you posted shows even less.

Without the code based on that code part, nobody can help you

mladen:

elea

Based on a partial code nothing can be concluded - and the code part you posted shows even less.

Without the code based on that code part, nobody can help you

Thank you so much mladen. The problem is that my indicator has 4800 code lines....

What would be a compact function for the following problem:

Maximum of the open or close prices for the last N candles.

('or' is the logical alternative)

Is this OK?:

MathMax(Open[iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_OPEN, N, i)], Close[iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_CLOSE, N, i)])

wojtekpaul:

What would be a compact function for the following problem:

Maximum of the open or close prices for the last N candles.

('or' is the logical alternative)

Is this OK?:

MathMax(Open[iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_OPEN, N, i)], Close[iHighest(NULL, 0, MODE_CLOSE, N, i)])

wojtekpaul

That code is OK

Thank you! :-)

elea:
Thank you so much mladen. The problem is that my indicator has 4800 code lines....
Than you shall have to check that all - since the code part you posted is not enough to conclude anything
Reason: