Coding help - page 341

thefxpros:
????? I can't understand! Doesn't work on my mt4. What else could it be?

No idea

This is the xSuperTrend indicator (the regular one) that I used for testing the mtf version : xsupertrend_volty_3.mq4

My build is 670

Files:

mladen:
No idea

This is the xSuperTrend indicator (the regular one) that I used for testing the mtf version : xsupertrend_volty_3.mq4

My build is 670

mmm...here's what i was talking about in the previous post.

this is the mtf indicator

and this is the source indicator

both with same settings...i tried with two different platforms but it behaves the same. They are the same indicators you used...how is this possible?!

Files:
mtf.jpg  167 kb
source.jpg  158 kb

mladen:
No idea

My build is 670

ok i solved. I just compiled again the source indicator but is it strange. i replaced my source indicator with yours and i deleted the .ex4 file in order to make it compile before restart the platform. Bah...

thefxpros:
mmm...here's what i was talking about in the previous post.

this is the mtf indicator

and this is the source indicator

both with same settings...i tried with two different platforms but it behaves the same. They are the same indicators you used...how is this possible?!

That is not the xSuperTrend volty that I posted (and I used the one you posted). In the one I posted second parameter is multiplier and the third is price. In the one you show pictures of, the second parameter is price and the third is multiplier.

mladen:
That is not the xSuperTrend volty that I posted (and I used the one you posted). In the one I posted second parameter is multiplier and the third is price. In the one you show pictures of, the second parameter is price and the third is multiplier.

yes, yes, probably i messed up with the versions since they had the same name.

thanks for your help

thefxpros:
yes, yes, probably i messed up with the versions since they had the same name. thanks for your help

Does that mean that it works OK now?

mladen:
Does that mean that it works OK now?

yes.

hey guys,

I have a problem with the indicator attached below... for some reason it shows some signals with 1-2 candles delay and I've noticed that there is a [shift2]and [shift1] function in the code, which is responsible for the signal delays, but I don't know how to modify that... when I change [shift2]to [shift1]signal appears faster, but signs under or above candles are shifted by 1 candle more...

how to fix that? :|

thanks a lot for the help...

Files:

freakout:
hey guys,

I have a problem with the indicator attached below... for some reason it shows some signals with 1-2 candles delay and I've noticed that there is a [shift2]and [shift1] function in the code, which is responsible for the signal delays, but I don't know how to modify that... when I change [shift2]to [shift1]signal appears faster, but signs under or above candles are shifted by 1 candle more...

how to fix that? :|

thanks a lot for the help...

You can not change that (make it not delay). Otherwise it would need to know at least the half of the bars needed for pastern recognition from the future, and that is not possible.

mladen:
You can not change that (make it not delay). Otherwise it would need to know at least the half of the bars needed for pastern recognition from the future, and that is not possible.

http://www.forexmt4.com/mt_yahoo/Pattern_Hammer_Shooting_Star.mq4 - but in this one it's possible... I know that there is a way to fix it, because it works in a similar indicators, but here something is wrong with the code...

Reason: