hello,

any one have EA with like this? please share here

Thank you, great appreciate for information and sharing

Files:

thegatan:
hello,

any one have EA with like this? please share here

Thank you, great appreciate for information and sharing

Looks like any grid or martingale EA that does not close orders (see the line on the end of the graph)

I'm trying to learn MT4 by creating an EA based on this Extreme_Spike Indicator but it seems not to provide what i need through icustom function. May some one alter it by introducing a new buffer 6 or 7 so that i can see when a spike appears on the previous bar. I'm hoping for a string to be returned like major_up, major _down, minor_up, major_down when i use Icustom function in the Ea

Files:

Richard Sidric:
I'm trying to learn MT4 by creating an EA based on this Extreme_Spike Indicator but it seems not to provide what i need through icustom function. May some one alter it by introducing a new buffer 6 or 7 so that i can see when a spike appears on the previous bar. I'm hoping for a string to be returned like major_up, major _down, minor_up, major_down when i use Icustom function in the Ea

Richard Sidric

That is a variation of Roy Kelly's cycle identifier. It repaints regardless of what the parameters are saying. Better to avoid usage of it from an EA or you are going to have false signals all over and your account will be cleaned up in no time at all

Hello, mr. Mladen. Can you add an alert (sound and popup) for this indie, when the line breaks the channel?

Many thanks

mladen:
cja

Something you told me here in this post helped me realize what is going on

The All time frames MA is already working as it should and was posted

Thanks

Mladen

Hi Mladen,

Thanks for your help once again, I worked through my problem and found the delete issue with the button code only exists if I use the built in MT4 include

#include

it must have some sort of built in delete function ( looking through the includes I could not find any obvious deletes ) as the buttons delete even with no delete code in the OnDeinit() function?

So what I have done is rewrite the Dolly button code not using the MT4 #include code or the OnChartEvent() code and coded a combination of actual buttons and click on graphical buttons, as you have pointed out many times in the past you cannot trust the standard #includes as either they are poorly written or update on the next platform update and screw everything up so its probably better to write your own include files at least that way you know what you are getting.

Files:
dollybuttons.jpg  105 kb

mladen:
Richard Sidric That is a variation of Roy Kelly's cycle identifier. It repaints regardless of what the parameters are saying. Better to avoid usage of it from an EA or you are going to have false signals all over and your account will be cleaned up in no time at all

Thanks mladen, you are actually right that it repaints badly (major tops and bottoms- the ones with blue and red color)but i have observed that some signals don't repaint whatsoever. Take for instance if a downtrend has been confirmed minor tops formed after the red signal are very accurate and its these i was hoping to capitalize on but i have no idea how access them through an EA. See recent Gold chart bellow for better explanation, the top one has been set as no repaint and the one bellow it has been set as repainting

Files:
untitled-1.png  41 kb

Richard Sidric:
Thanks mladen, you are actually right that it repaints badly (major tops and bottoms- the ones with blue and red color)but i have observed that some signals don't repaint whatsoever. Take for instance if a downtrend has been confirmed minor tops formed after the red signal are very accurate and its these i was hoping to capitalize on but i have no idea how access them through an EA. See recent Gold chart bellow for better explanation, the top one has been set as no repaint and the one bellow it has been set as repainting

Richard Sidric

When a repainting indicator does not repaint, than it is a matter of randomness, not a rule of thumb. The assumption with the repainting indicators must be that they will repaint and if they are supposed to signal, that makes them unreliable and useless (signals can not be repainted - estimations can, but a repainting signal is a shortcut to hell)

Hi,

is it possible to put an image and the code of my indicator into a dll?

I want to include my own picture (bitmap) there.

Do you know an example?

... further considerations...

Perhaps it is easier to put not a picture on the chart, but a lot of small points.

Because I only want to draw a shape, and the outline background should be transparent, so that I can see the chart background.

Dear Honorable programmers,

Can you please modify Period Converter Opt, so that we can choose different output Timeframe not what PeriodMultiplier gives us.

Example: PeriodMultiplier=2 on 1M chart give us offline chart M2, but i want to use M102

PeriodMultiplier=10 on 1M chart give us offline chart M2, but i want to use M110

And also possibility to open standard timeframes offline like:

PeriodMultiplier=5 on 1M chart would give us offline M105

PeriodMultiplier=15 on 1M chart would give us offline M115 or PeriodMultiplier 3 on 5M chart would give us offline chart M115

PeriodMultiplier=20 on 1M chart would give us offline M120

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183798/page58

Reason: