PivotMagic EA: Magical power of pivots present NOMINAL LOSS (close to zero) over time - page 7

No Signals

I've essentially been running this for a week and haven't gotten a single signal. It's running USDCHF M1 & EURUSD M1 with PivotMagixV26.

Any ideas on how I may have this set up wrong?

Thanks.

Thanks for posting the source code! Right on!

investor_me:
Based on some members request, I modified the program to be simpler and suitable for Forward Testing and added a customizable magic number for each chart.

Check it out, but remember it is still not yet a finiished version. Just test it if you have a DSL and can afford to have it running in the background on 5 or more currencies. But don't go live on real money with it, it's a big risk!!!

I also recommend you let it rollover days and don't stop it while a pending order is in place if you don't need to, that will introduce a drawdown.

Good luck

i_me

Testing

Hi,

I do Forward Testing on this EA today with 11 pairs:

EUR/CHF

EUR/CAD

GBP/CHF

CHF/JPY

EUR/JPY

GBP/JPY

NZD/USD

EUR/USD

GBP/USD

USD/CHF

USD/JPY

Those 11 pairs got a good result with Back Test testing.

Today PivotMagic shows its power, buy EUR/JPY with SELL and close it with 64 pips within 2 hours 45 minutes. It it continue to enter market with BUY to replace the SELL, and close it with 15 pips.

It just creates 79 pips winning. So far PivotMagic has a good eye to predict price direction.

I Still don't know the usage of Volatility and Agression Level. However, I just put it as it is, only replace the magicnumber for each pairs.

Regards,

Fikko

I would like to quote somebody from the yahoo metatrader group. His answer is very aplicable to what happend here in this topic.

Because some of you DEMAND! that every sort of information or help you get should be free. Some of you walked in here on this forum only a few months ago or heared for the first time of forex trading a few months ago and you expect (or better DEMAND!) that those who spend hundreds or thousands of hours to become experienced, should give al of their knowledge for free.

Some are willing to do this if it conserns generall information. I do this to. But I find it perfectly normall that someone would ask money if he gives something valuable that depends on the thousands of hours he spend on it.

Investor_me gave his information for free now but he should not have dun this if he was convinsed of the quality of his results. He gave you the opportunity to work together with him on his EA so you could witness if his EA would work. That is far more then others (even here on this forum) who try to sell their useless EA's (read crap or scams) and who are even not willing to give some kind of a try-out period.

Like I said this was posted on a other forum but the bottom line of this posting is very aplicable on what happend here in this topic:

There is, and always has been a wind of hate blowing, as soon as the word

“selling” is out of someone’s mouth. As if most of us do not pay for

products or services that we can find for free somewhere else, but we decide

to pay for them for many reasons.

When a developer does that for a leaving and he’s investing literally

hundreds or should I say endless hours of work I think she / he’s entitled

to ask for a fee.

So what is really the issue here is whether someone is deliberately trying

to sell a piece of crap, trying to scam naïve traders, knowing from the

beginning that, what he / she is selling is nothing more than worthless

junk. We will all agree that kind of practice is definitely condemnable and

should be exposed on every occasion. This is the easy part.

But since we do leave in a grown up world and you’ d agree that especially

with the market we are all involved, we are all fully responsible for our

acts, otherwise we are obviously in the wrong place and this is gonna cost

big time. There’s no free lunch or happy hour here.

What I do not understand, is that many of the users complaining and moaning

(I said many, not all), are the same ones that adopted the “get rich

quickly” scheme, just willing to barely invest a month of their time and

$300 without any due diligence, without even spending some time learn the

abc of the market.

To them, spread, ask, bid is nothing more than odd words, and rsi or macd no

more than lines on a chart. I do not mean to offense anyone, all of us went

through the newbie phase, but we all invested hundreds or thousands of days trying to

learn the hard way how to survive in the market.

So what is the point attacking and blaming every “Robert”, “Richard” (nice

job with your $1.000.000 babe), or “Tom” (joker robot was a nice sample of

what backtest can do), or any one else, when countless emails are flowing

in, begging for the magical ea.

The “Please send it to me too” or “Where can I find MakeMeRichQuickly.mq4

that made $99.999” is more than enough to show that scammers or non scammers are definitely not to be blamed. They can be and always be found everywhere money is involved. Some users are simply only asking to be ripped off and they personally choose that path.

Yannis

Some of you think that because you made a lott of posting that you contributed to this community, but in reality you are not one step further to be profitable then when you started. So what the hell is wrong if someone would ask money for something were he proofs publicly that his information helps to be profitable ?!?!...And most important, nobody was forced to help. Those who wanted to help expected to see proof that his EA would work at the end and for a good working EA they were indeed willing to pay for it...

I prefer a lott more that someone asks money for valuable information or help then others who give tons of "information" for free that is just plain nonsence or a bunch of crap...

friendly regards...iGoR

Isn't this all a moot discussion since source is on 60?

Nicholishen:
Isn't this all a moot discussion since source is on 60?

Nicholishen,

Maybe it is...but it would suprise me if those who were doing the attacking before posting #60 will come back now to appoligize or at least to thank the author.

regards...iGoR

PS. It would not suprise me that they downloaded the EA now in all silence and are using it.

Investor_me gave his information for free now but he should not have dun this if he was convinsed of the quality of his results. He gave you the opportunity to work together with him on his EA so you could witness if his EA would work. That is far more then others (even here on this forum) who try to sell their useless EA's (read crap or scams) and who are even not willing to give some kind of a try-out period.

It's right, but the Investor_me 's EA is a big piece of code; very well written but it's not so easy to enter in the logic of someone else and understand exactly how the EA works, this take a little time. Personally I am not familiar with the pivots trading, but I think the first improvement should be to add some initial stop-losses. Othewize, it's simply not tradable. What are thinking all those who have ask the source ?

iGoR:
Nicholishen,

Maybe it is...but it would suprise me if those who were doing the attacking before posting #60 will come back now to appoligize or at least to thank the author.

regards...iGoR

PS. It would not suprise me that they downloaded the EA now in all silence and are using it.

Hey Igor,

Yes I agree with all your comments.

They should thank the author, or, maybe we should have some "donation" payment system , whereby an author of a powerful ea would receive donations from people in the forum(if they wish to) to his PayPal etc?

iGoR:
Nicholishen,

regards...iGoR

Wow. The source was actually posted!?!?

I lost interest in the thread somewhere prior to post 60; I didn't think it would happen, because many posts on the subject were being consistently ignored.

While I'm not an "attacker," I did post my thoughts on the subject.

Since the source has been posted, I absolutely thank the author. If his system is good, he has made a significant contribution to the "common-wealth". I sincerely hope that members can and will collaborate and help him find tweaks and improvements. That's what the idea of 'Open Source' is all about.

And I sincerely hope the tweaks and improvements add to the author'swealth.

I also think a "donation" payment system , whereby an author of a powerful ea would receive donations from people in the forum" would be excellent. If an EA truly is effective the author should be rewarded for his effort and generosity by those who use it. However, if the EA really is effective, the market will reward the author so much more than contributions that the contributions will be moot.

Investor_Me, THANK YOU!

PM demo acc

forward test - demo acc

Files:
pm.htm  12 kb
pm.gif  5 kb
Reason: