Firebird v63G - page 48

Trading on M1 but want to see Envelope on H1

is there a way?

I have the EA on M1 charts:

- MA_length 10

- MA_timeframe 30

- Percent 0.1

but I would like to draw the envelope it uses on another H1 chart for the same currency. Just so I get a better idea what it is doing.

Is this possible? thanks.

siren's song

ienaplinsky:
this is the first day with a new demo account

Have you heard about the 'siren's song' - it's irrestible but leads to doom.

Same with FB - there's only 1 way out : margin call! Plenty of traders around have lost $$.

pls research well before using it.

regards.

FireBird V3

I have just tried Firebird v3 modified by wackena , with lots of great features

http://www.forexfactory.com/forexforum/showthread.php?t=7200&page=122&pp=15&highlight=Firebird

soon after the market opened on Monday, the firebird has placed two orders in the opposite direction ??

these are the setting I am using

MA_length=10

MA_timeframe=30

MAtype=0

Percent=0.10000000

TradeOnFriday=1

slip=100

UseMM=0

Risk=30.00000000

Lots=0.30000000

TakeProfit=13

Stoploss=300

TrailingStop=0.00000000

MaxOpenOrders=2

Fast_Period=23

Fast_Price=1

Slow_Period=84

Slow_Price=1

DivergenceLimit=0.00200000

Use_V63D_Divergence=1

PipStep=40

IncreasementType=0.00000000

DVLimit=10

PipsGoal=500

PipsLoss=500

GMT=0

DST=0

OpeningHour=0

ClosingHour=23

writelog=0

I am also running Goblin on 1 Hour chart on different pair ( GBP/USD) any idea why is that.

P.S. I was planning to post this forexfactory.com but I am unable to make any posts in there, I am new and I dont know why I am unable to make any posts there

Files:

bedaine:
Thank you for the new version !! What is the best settings for the new version ???

bedaine,

I demo testing with default settings on M5 chart.

Wackena

Wackena:
bedaine,

I demo testing with default settings on M5 chart.

Wackena

But doesn't a StopLoss of 300 seem bad? The defaults seem really high ??

matrixebiz:
But doesn't a StopLoss of 300 seem bad? The defaults seem really high ??

matrixebiz,

Firebird was designed as a countertrend EA. On Major pairs these trends can range for several hundred pips. In the past, many ran FB with lower s/l from 40 to 120. You can read the history of FB on this thread here or on ForexFactory forum. I like sl=300, but you can test other values. Nothing is written in concrete.

Wackena

Ok, thanks. I just didn't want to loose 300 pips if it goes in the wrong direction and wipe out my account. I guess I just don't fully understand it all.

Attached is report sorted by pairs for 1st week of Firebird 3.2. Early in the week had 2 loses due to PercentFloat for equity protection set too low. Turned equity protection off and had no more loses for remainder of week. Could be just pure luck, but FB 3.2 handled OK the US non-farm employment report at 0830 EST.

Broker FXDD - eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf

Deposit $3,000

Timeframe M5

Balance $3,511

Equity $3,221

Wins 31 - Loses 2

ROI 7.4%

I believe FB 3.2 does trade slower then other versions due to no trading when trending up or trending down. There were several hedge orders that closed for profit.

Wackena

Reason: