Challange! How good u are?

Hi,

Here is USDJPY just before its last drop. I tried every indicator I have and none of them could predict the drop. Is anyone here can do that?

I just delete the prices from the history (H1 data) changed the TF to 4H and come back to 1H to get this chart.

Thanks

Eli

Files:
usdjpy.jpg  182 kb

I have used this TSD indicator wrong, used it on the 1 hour graph of USDJPY and it caught the complete move. In fact, since 4/26 it has captured 430 PIPs on the USDJPY. I may be using it wrong (should be on the daily chart), but it is delivering. I am loading it up to this site. Use the setup as it is. Give it a try. According to TSD rules, it should be started soon after a new day starts 00 GMT. Good luck. P.S. I did not use any other indicators with this EA.

Files:

iscuba11:
I have used this TSD indicator wrong, used it on the 1 hour graph of USDJPY and it caught the complete move. In fact, since 4/26 it has captured 430 PIPs on the USDJPY. I may be using it wrong (should be on the daily chart), but it is delivering. I am loading it up to this site. Use the setup as it is. Give it a try. According to TSD rules, it should be started soon after a new day starts 00 GMT. Good luck.

Thanks, but this is not an indicator. this is EA. I want to find an indicator that can predict it BEFORE the actual drop

elihayun:
Hi,

Here is USDJPY just before its last drop. I tried every indicator I have and none of them could predict the drop. Is anyone here can do that?

I just delete the prices from the history (H1 data) changed the TF to 4H and come back to 1H to get this chart.

Thanks

Eli

I think MT4 is a good program. I like that it's free and it's capable of doing a lot. One of the things that I likemost about it, is that we can program just about any idea we may have for an indicator, and that's it's not too hard to do. One of the things I dislikemost about it, is that we can program just about any idea we may have for an indicator, and that it's not too hard to do.

With all of our fancy indicators, we tend to dismiss/forget to apply the "basics" to our charts.

Take a look at the chart I'm posting. Yes, some of you will say that's it's easy to do what I did in hindsight. And you're right. But it doesn't negate the fact that applying the "basics" in our charts, along with all our fancy indicators, can only help our systems that we're trying to develop.

Keris

Files:
trendlines.gif  15 kb

keris2112:
I think MT4 is a good program. I like that it's free and it's capable of doing a lot. One of the things that I likemost about it, is that we can program just about any idea we may have for an indicator, and that's it's not too hard to do. One of the things I dislikemost about it, is that we can program just about any idea we may have for an indicator, and that it's not too hard to do.

With all of our fancy indicators, we tend to dismiss/forget to apply the "basics" to our charts.

Take a look at the chart I'm posting. Yes, some of you will say that's it's easy to do what I did in hindsight. And you're right. But it doesn't negate the fact that applying the "basics" in our charts, along with all our fancy indicators, can only help our systems that we're trying to develop.

Keris

You right Keris, I already, find out that this is the only way I found. I did that before I challange the indicators. I just wonder, if there is a really good indicator to tell me that.

elihayun:
Hi,

Thanks

Eli

Eli,

I am sorry to say, but you are looking for a crystal ball when you are looking for predictions. Why not use reactive strategies that act a certain way when the market moves?

I am a trader not a fortune teller. Thus, I am not at all talented when it comes to predicting the future

5min

my 5 minute charts caught it just fine..there are two other indicators that go with the chart but they were not on the picture.. with the other two indicators this hasnt hit my 25pip stop loss yet im normally in the other direction at break even or a little below great intraday using high period 30+ indicators on 5 minute charts it runs a 25 pip trailer so i can get in at the bottom of a retracement if my indicators are still pointing in the direction.. the indicator on the chart basically tells me to get out if trailer or stop loss is not hit, then wait for another confirmation in the same direction or an opposite.... had some problems this friday but 1 of my indicators kept me out of the majority of the wiplash and i still came out + 30 pips or so i think except the $/yen wich was about 140 pips and i got in before the huge drop for the day...2nd one shows friday yen...I do take out 40% of lots out at +25pips as i do get quite a few trades during the week that hit around that point and then drop and i like to have profit taking during the day

Files:
jipper.gif  29 kb

Yeah I know a good indicator. The US report on job decrease. I dont care how mathematically sound a indicator or EA is, to not atleast check the news is idiotic.

that is true...if my indicators were wrong i would be out 25 pips and would have entered in the other direction..all 4 of my charts were in the right direction before the news wich is 50/50 luck...I use fxcm demo so i can get the news so yes i knew what it was. last week my strategy from those pics posted about 400 pips if my indicators were wrong and i didnt enter in the other direction when they told me too 300 pips is still a good week that is a live account no demo

If it helps out my ROBOT for KAMAREVERSAL SYSTEM mt3 is still up 168pips as of right now since friday but it got in just shortly after the the news came out

Thanks to all of you that answer. My idea was to show that even with the best indicators that we are using, sometimes it is impossible to predict the market (especially when the news come out ). The only thing that worked was trend lines and breaking support levels. For me it was a lesson (cost me 25pips, not bad for private lesson )

Thank you all

Indicator

Can you give me indicator AlaskanPipAssaisin?

Thanks

Reason: