Discussion of article "Learn how to design a trading system by Parabolic SAR"

New article Learn how to design a trading system by Parabolic SAR has been published:

In this article, we will continue our series about how to design a trading system using the most popular indicators. In this article, we will learn about the Parabolic SAR indicator in detail and how we can design a trading system to be used in MetaTrader 5 using some simple strategies.

We will design a blueprint for our strategies to help us to write the code of the trading system for them as it will allow us to arrange and structure our minds to know what we need to inform the expert advisor to do step-by-step, so the following is a blueprint for each strategy.

• Strategy one: uptrend strategy:

We will inform the computer or the expert advisor about what he needs to check and what it will return in case of conditions are met, and in this strategy, we need to check the SAR value and compare it to the price level and then decide if SAR value is less than the low price or not and if not we need it to return nothing or if yes we need the expert to return a buy signal then when checking them and comparing two value again and decide if SAR value is greater the high value or not and if not we need the program to return nothing or if it is, we need it to return a take profit signal.

SAR value < the price low = buy

SAR value > the price high = take profit

SAR - uptrend strategy blueprint

Author: Mohamed Abdelmaaboud

WOW 😳 don't know what to say but I have learned more than I expected ❤️👌

9811135922087 #:
WOW 😳 don't know what to say but I have learned more than I expected ❤️👌

Thanks for your comment, I am glad to know that it was useful for you.

Thanks this article was very helpful. Looks like I need to change accounts, which has MT5, because I have MT4.  Do you have any articles using envelope and/or fast and slow moving averages with price close?  I like the PSAR, but I like to use trailing stop following big move candles, which PSAR does not always capture.

Thanks again for the well presented articles!

No doubt, that was a good exercise. Would you mind adding some stop loss and money management routines - to make the EA practical and "reality-close"! Thank you

Amazing article. Very good job 👌

PanteraNoire #:

Thanks this article was very helpful. Looks like I need to change accounts, which has MT5, because I have MT4.  Do you have any articles using envelope and/or fast and slow moving averages with price close?  I like the PSAR, but I like to use trailing stop following big move candles, which PSAR does not always capture.

Thanks again for the well presented articles!

Thanks for your comment. You check my two articles about Parabolic SAR and Moving Averages. I hope that they will be useful for you and good luck to you.

hd0dlm #:
Amazing article. Very good job 👌
Thanks for your comment.

Hi thanks for this, do you know how code  buy or sell every dot or every new bar? would you use a for loop or new bar? 

MetaQuotes:

New article Learn how to design a trading system by Parabolic SAR has been published:

Author: Mohamed Abdelmaaboud

Hello, thank you for this amazing portrait. After hitting the stop loss in up and down trend strategies will the order be closed automatically? Like in loop ?

mayaktm #:
Hello, thank you for this amazing portrait. After hitting the stop loss in up and down trend strategies will the order be closed automatically? Like in loop ?

In these examples, I did not find the code to automatically open or close orders. Even the moment of triggering the trailing stop. Just comments on the chart. You should add it yourself.

Reason: