Universal MA Cross EA - page 24

Switchjohnny:
I'm confused on the third ma feature, and I was wondering if this could be done with your EA.

I want to use 3 MA's (40EMA, 60SMA, and 200EMA)

I want to trade it like this.

If the 40EMA and 60SMA have crossed the 200EMA upwards, I want to buy. If the 40EMA and 60SMA have crossed the 200EMA down I want to sell.

Also, I want to use the close and reverse feature. If I'm in a buy and they cross down I want to close the buy and put in a sell.

Can you EA do this? Every time I try playing with the settings, it does not work correctly for me.

Could you or someone post exactly how to input the settings into the EA to make this happen correctly?

Thanks.

U have answer on first post - third EMA serves for direction confirmation (momentum trades) and not for second crossing; that means if third EMA is enabled and going/pointing down while the first two cross it up from below, then no trade will be taken, cause they are not in line with the third EMA direction.

FireDave

Hi FireDave,

I found this EA today and I was very excited to begin using it, which I did after reading the thread. Below is a chart of a trade I took. On the settings I have TRUE for ConfirmedOnEntry which means the next candle. Well as you can see by the chart the trade was entered even before the cross of the 9sma and 100sma had even taken place.

Can you tell me if this is a fault or my settings are wrong.

Thank you.

Vegas,

PS I placed another trade on a different pair and that one worked perfectly.

Files:
uj_ea_trade.gif  10 kb

The other trade

This trade worked perfectly but on a 5M chart. The other trade was on a1H chart

Thanks

Files:

Vegas:
Hi FireDave,

I found this EA today and I was very excited to begin using it, which I did after reading the thread. Below is a chart of a trade I took. On the settings I have TRUE for ConfirmedOnEntry which means the next candle. Well as you can see by the chart the trade was entered even before the cross of the 9sma and 100sma had even taken place.

Can you tell me if this is a fault or my settings are wrong.

Thank you.

Vegas,

PS I placed another trade on a different pair and that one worked perfectly.

I have uploaded a revised EA on post #1. Please try it again. I don't if it's because of Build 206 bugs or something wrong in my code. Let me know if the problem still there. Hope this help

Thanks

FireDave,

That was a quick response, thank you and i will let you know what happens.

Regards,

Vegas

firedave:
I have uploaded a revised EA on post #1. Please try it again. I don't if it's because of Build 206 bugs or something wrong in my code. Let me know if the problem still there. Hope this help

SIDDESH:
HI,firedave,

I have added RSI filter,Margincutoff and TrailingStopType 3 to your EA.

I want to forward test this. Please correct if any mistakes in the code. I am getting some warning messages.

I hope you will respond.

Regards,

SIDDESH

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I will check your code. Hope this help

Vegas:
Sorry FireDave it did it again.

Also the alert window keeps popping up even though there is no cross.

Thanks for all you help this is truely a great EA

Vegas

Thanks for the update, I will see what I could do with the EA. Hope this help

Did it again

Sorry FireDave it did it again.

Also the alert window keeps popping up even though there is no cross.

Thanks for all you help this is truely a great EA

Vegas

EDIT: Sorry my fault the EA appears to be doing great

Files:
eur_trade.gif  9 kb

Perfect

FireDave,

It worked perfectly....Many Thanks...I'll stop posting now....

Files:
uj_trade.gif  11 kb

Vegas:
FireDave, It worked perfectly....Many Thanks...I'll stop posting now....

Don't stop posting, we still need your input and comment on the EA

Reason: