StepMA_Stoch_v1 EA -- needs a little change

I've manually backtested this EA on USD/JPY, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF. I don't find that it works very well on other pairs, but for these four it seems to work well.

What I need changed is the cross. I need it to only make the trades on true cross and not a fake cross. I think the EA is sep up to buy/sell or sell/buy on the open of the bar or something to that effect. I'm not a programmer, but all I know is that if you get a false buy or sell signal it is devistating in this EA. There is a Post by me in the EA download section on the normal subscription. Look there for the theory, but in a nutshell it goes like this:

No stoploss because the EA opens and new trade when it closes the last and that happens on the cross. If the open position is long then when the cross happens the long position is closed and a short position opened. I need someone to look at this code and change it so it only buys and sell when there is a true cross. Maybe make work on the close of the bar or on the close of a bar after the cross that confirms that cross.

Another thing that might be experimented with and maybe the option could be added to the EA is that of a T/P. I'm not sure what would be a good one, but 150 at first glance looks okay.

This EA works best on a trending market so if anyone can incorporate a way to keep it out of the trades when the market is flat that would be nice. I don't think it is necessary though because the wins more than outweight the losses even if the win/loss ratio is 50%. The losses are small, and the wins are huge in some cases. If anyone has a good set of data and can do a every tick backtest, I would like to see it. Remember the currency pairs listed above work best. Oh, and it is on the 30 min timeframe. Also the kwatr should be set to 1.9 and not 1.8 like it is in the EA.

I would greatly appreciate if one of you good programers out there could help modify this EA so it doesn't make false trades. Thanks a lot. Oh, I've posted examples of the false trades on in the EA download section on page three of my post I think.

Thanks a million,

Huhenyo

Files:

What exactly do you need?

Hi,

you can correct this problem youself because it's very easy.

In this part of code you should change 0 on 1 and 1 on 2:

double diCustom0=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 0, 0); //Value 1

double diCustom1=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 1, 0); //Value 2

double diCustom2=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 0, 1); //Value 1 Bar Back

double diCustom3=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 1, 1); //value 2 Bar Back

Igor

Thanks

Igorad,

Hey, that worked. If I would have known it was that easy I would have orignally done it myself. Now I've just got to fine tune the EA. I ran it (with the changes) on the Sterling with Kwatr: 10 and watr: 1.8 on TF30. From March 13 to April 23 it turned 10,000 into 18,440. Not to bad eh? I don't know how to get it to go back any further than just over a month. I would like to see how it does over a year or so. Do any of you have good data for at least a couple of months on the Sterling? I use the every tick option to get the results above. Then I went and looked at it's buys and sells on the actual chart over that time period and all its trades were right. This EA could be very profitable.

Like I said previously, this EA works best in a trending market. If we could somehow keep it from trading when the market is flat it would be even more profitable.

Thanks again Igorad. Your awesome.

Huhenyo

Why does this EA NOT Work ?

Dear Huhenyo,

For some reason this EA does not work.

It does not execute at all - DO i need to change some parameters ?

Thanks

Humble.

Hmmmmmm.

You have both the mq4 and ex4 files in your experts folder right? Not in the indicators folder. I'm not sure if you need the indicator, but if you do, here it is. Put is in your experts/indicators folder. See if that works. Thanks

Huhenyo

The changes

I need someone to change the code so that it only makes the trades on the close of the bars of the cross or on the open of the bar after the cross of the Kwatr and the watr. If you look at the indicator you will see that it has a fast line and a slow line. You are probably familiar with the step_stoch enough to know that already, but anyway, that I what I need more than anything. I think that at the moment it is set up to make the trades when ever a cross occurs and not just after a cross has been made and the current bar has closed.

Check out my post in the EA download section called "Step_Stoch_v1 EA, simple yet satisfying"

Thanks New Digital.

Huhenyo

Reason: