HedgeHog System & EA - page 3

Some different picture here. Orders at 0 GMT. Broker FXDD.

Files:
hedgehog.jpg  84 kb

delsule:
Some different picture here. Orders at 0 GMT. Broker FXDD.

If both of us are on FXDD, then your trades are executed an hour later than mine. Your time stamp says that trades are executed around 02:54, etc...whereas all my trades are entered in daily between 01:45-01:50. Enclosed is a screen shot showing the times, trades, pairs that i test, and success of the trades in the last 18 or so hours.

To the best of my knowledge, PST is -8 GMT, so 00:00 should be executed just before 4pm PST, which is when my trades are done. The reason i execute my 4pm trades at 3:45PST is because of Tokyo open at 4pm. I want to beat the rush, esp for the success of the jpy pairs that i test out, like the eurjpy and gbpjpy. Usually they close relatively quick thanx to this.

Hope this explains your different results,

Graham

Files:
april_26.jpg  386 kb

I'm on CEST (Central European Summer Time), which is now +2 GMT. FXDD is 1 hour ahead when I compare the charts to my clock. FXDD is running now (with the daylight change) GMT +3 I think.

Please correct me if I made a mistake.

delsule:
I'm on CEST (Central European Summer Time), which is now +2 GMT. FXDD is 1 hour ahead when I compare the charts to my clock. FXDD is running now (with the daylight change) GMT +3 I think. Please correct me if I made a mistake.

No worries. In the transaction log of FXDD, try to enter trades at 1:45 as well. If you do, you should have good success as well. I think chart time and transaction log time differ by a few hours, so make note of what your settings are.

I have wanted to post a screenshot because this system has been going quite well, has made claims to yield and accuracy, and this way you guys can see how I execute the trades and what pairs i run the tests on.

I don't publish the results of the other pairs, mainly because they aren't as consistant in results. The only one i might consider of bringing on is the AudUsd on the 00:00GMT and maybe the AudJpy as well, but for the most part the main 7 pairs do quite fine. I personally do have abit of a problem with the eur/gbp because it is such a slow mover. The only reason i leave it on is because of the $1.70 / pip and it does seem to work most of the time.

From the tests the last few weeks I have found that timing is critical. The closer to the set times and the more consistant i keep to those times, the greater and consistant the results remain. I constantly see results like the screenshot posted above. It is hard to believe sometimes, because there aren't 3 indicators involved, 6 moving averages and years of training

Something like this, once accurate testing and consistant results continue, can be done by everyone, even fully automated, thus removing any emotions from the equation. That is the goal of trading, as our main enemy in trading is emotions.

Anyways, hope what i wrote helps. Continue to bring up issues, cuz that is how we work to make this better.

Graham

Thanks for the system btw. Looking forward to do further testing.

Are there any long time results to be compared between 'moneyguests' approach ( 2x5 pips take profit) and the 10 pip tp ?

For clarification: entry's should be GMT -1, cos at 0 GMT there is already some volatility in the market from Japan session (yes, the daylight saving time ...)

Thanks again.

delsule:
Thanks for the system btw. Looking forward to do further testing.

Are there any long time results to be compared between 'moneyguests' approach ( 2x5 pips take profit) and the 10 pip tp ?

For clarification: entry's should be GMT -1, cos at 0 GMT there is already some volatility in the market from Japan session (yes, the daylight saving time ...)

Thanks again.

I personally don't have any results from MoneyQuests 2x5TP approach. I do feel by running 2x5 possibly raises the accuracy higher, it does use more of your margin (2 lots instead of 1), so money management issues might be in play. Also some pairs with their spreads already start -5+ away, so for them to move 10 or 15 from entry isn't that much of a deal, especially considering most pairs have a daily candle of at least 50 pips. Post #1 of the original thread from NealC, he posted not only this system but also the long term results on running the EurUsd on different TP. We only run the exact rules on multiple timeframes with the initial assumption that the results are transferable. So far so good.

At the moment with doing trades at 22:00 GMT and 23:45 GMT, the results at 23:00 shouldn't be too different (as most trades between the 2 aren't too far off in pips), plus both times are net profitable. What i hope to do once we get a good EA is see about running backtesting at different time frames, like certain pairs running just before Europe/Britain open, etc.

Currently I have 6 FXDD copies running at once (which includes 2 copies for the 2 timesframes tested here) so running another copy for another timeframe test just isn't a good idea. If someone out there wants to test it and post transaction logs, that would be great.

Hope that helps,

Graham

A little help if people want to know what their time-offset is compared to the GMT time:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

As an update, one of the outstanding Eur/Gbp trades stopped out on the 00GMT timeframe on the sell, so a martingale trade will be put in today for it.

Graham

Reason: