Cross! - page 25

tetis:
I need an sound alert for onlyone smooted moving average (like 4perod) when reach or touch or cross a price just like the below image : when the red line ( 4smooted moving average) reach the 1.41590 i have an alert or pop up

I think here is not the right place to ask this question.

where can I find the answer?

Ask on this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648

But as I remember - it was some indicator (and separated thread) with alert when price will touch MA line - could not find it now sorry.

EMA crossover emai alert

Sends email when price crosses a set price.

It is 2 MAs crosses, not the price.

Best MA Cross System for 1h, 4h and Daily?

Hey,

I'm looking for MA signals as an additional indicator for long and short signals to minimize my draw downs.

by now I am using EMA 12 and SMA 20 on a daily charts.

What are your recommendations? Do you use 3 MA cross systems?

Thanks

price crossover single ma new trade per tick

please help me, where i can gate that EA.

or somebody can help me?

thanks

Moving average cross EA sample for template

Hi,

Anybody has a good robust simple 2MA cross EA that I can use for template for further development of my own EA?

I need a sample code I can use as a base to implement my code rather than re-inventing the wheels. I hope it makes sense.

Thanks

Files:

Simple EMA Cross indicator problem: Multiple alerts fired at random times...

Hi there

I found a EMA cross indicator on this site (thanks for that) and have started using it. The problem I am encountering is that I am getting an alert being fired at random times, even when the EMA is nowhere near each other.

I have attached the indicator and a screenshot of the alert being fired. You can also see on the chart that there are arrows drawn by this indicator and it is drawing cross arrows where there are clearly none.

FYI regarding indicator:

The fast mode is 1,21,0 which is a EMA on close of period 21 as per the chart (red)

The slow mode is 0,75,0 which is a SMA on close of period 75 as per the chart (green)

The chart is also showing 200 SMA (blue) which is not relevant to the indicator.

Many thanks in advance guys and look forward to the suggestions.

Adi

Files:

Check Pip Crossing Distance To Prevent Noisy Crossing Signals

freeka:
Hi there

I found a EMA cross indicator on this site (thanks for that) and have started using it. The problem I am encountering is that I am getting an alert being fired at random times, even when the EMA is nowhere near each other.

I have attached the indicator and a screenshot of the alert being fired. You can also see on the chart that there are arrows drawn by this indicator and it is drawing cross arrows where there are clearly none.

Many thanks in advance guys and look forward to the suggestions. Adi

Hi Freeka,

If you watch your indicator in slow motion with the Strategy Tester, you will see the lines can cross, display an arrow, and then return back.

This is re-painting on the current bar. And it's not a bad thing, you just have to understand how it's working to use it properly.

The arrow appears at the initial cross, and then the lines separate again...and when the bar closes, the arrow is there and it looks like the lines never crossed.

You can minimize this by adding a "pip distance" so you don't get arrows/alerts until the cross is confirmed by the pip distance you set.

double pipdistance = 0.00010

if (Line1 > Line 2 + pipdistance) Do UpAlert;

if (Line1 < Line 2 + pipdistance) Do DnAlert;

The best clue is to watch your indicators in slow motion...and see exactly how they work.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Reason: