Backtesting/Optimization - page 53

i just bought EA, and have time 48 hours to claim it

someone please tell me how to count DD?

pla help me to test the EA i write,thks!

there are some mistakes in the report.just like:

21:50:21 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.5641 at 2008.04.30 20:00 and price 1.5643 mismatched)

Anyone know how to ignore this problem?thanks.

all in attach file

Files:
emaea.rar  8 kb

About expert and multi-timeframe

My expert use 1 indicator attached on 3 timeframe, D1,H4 and H1, How can I show 3 timeframe(3 charts) at same time while backtesting by MT4's stage tester?

many thanks

hongbin.fei

codeidea:
My expert use 1 indicator attached on 3 timeframe, D1,H4 and H1, How can I show 3 timeframe(3 charts) at same time while backtesting by MT4's stage tester?

many thanks

hongbin.fei

Just you can't

Question about data download

Hi, I have demo accounts of "alpari" and "FOREX", I use MT4. When I try to download the data via history center, it tell me data from metaquotes differ from the data stored on the trade server. Now, could anyone tell me how to download the history data on "alpari" and "FOREX" server? Thank you very much.

Do you mean data export option from metatrader and to save it as EOD files for external use with 3rd party program

Strange behavior in Strategy Tester

When running strategy tester it sometimes closes trades due to I having settings like "Close Out on Friday". These closes show up as "close by tester". Many of these closes are at completely the wrong value!

See pictures. They are way above the High of the bar

Files:
mt4.jpg  204 kb
tester.jpg  131 kb

can u do/code that ?

hi everyone,

i use scalping ea and find the backtest result do not accord with my live acount, after i print the spread to log , and compare it with backtest log, i find that the spread in backtest is not accord with reailty~ ~

i want to amend it to have a precise backtest result --> add ask price to hst ~~

however, my friend is a programer, say doing this must modify the terminal.exe

i suppose it only need to modify a hst file , then can achieve this aim

anyone can help ?

what do u think --> need to code the .exe or just hst file?

thanks

ingvar_e:
When running strategy tester it sometimes closes trades due to I having settings like "Close Out on Friday". These closes show up as "close by tester". Many of these closes are at completely the wrong value! See pictures. They are way above the High of the bar

It can happen because borker's spreads.

Reason: