Backtesting/Optimization - page 46

siscop:
Hi,

I wrote a little breakout EA what does not do what I expected on the backtest. So to follow up the variables I placed a print command on every loop. On the journal I see the big gaps what I can’t verify. Pressing F2 I see that the History data is complete so the error can’t be there.

Thanks for your help.

sis

It because the writing process on your journal cannot catch-up with the speed of your backtest, so meantime the data will save on the journal buffer before it can be written on your journal, but if it's full already it will overwritten the prev data.

That's why you got some missing lines on journal.

Solution : run your backtest slower (set your visual slider to around 20)

And to make it faster, you can combine the 3 lines code became 1 line only (--> Print ("long",long," short",short," ticket",ticket); <--)

Hope it's the answer of your mistery

Goen

RealFx:
Hi!

My MT4 Strategy Tester is now very very slow. Nothing happend. What can I do? When I start the test it eats all my computers resources... everyrthig going very slow after I press "Start". I must to stop my tests everytime couse it doesn't work. This happens if I put only 1 day in "Use date" and with differents EA's.

Please, help... any ideas?? It was normal before. There was same kind of problem when the free disk space going to zero after tests, but now there is 48Gt free space.

Why MT tester eats all free diskspace but don't return it after testsruns... gigabytes flows away after few test. I don't understand this kind of logic in there.

It's hard to say with a few details. Many answers, many questions.

Tester is very intensive on resources allocation. Also depends on computing power (what PC do you have).

If is filling your HS is because it's generating big logs, already caused by defective EA's, defective setups, so on...

If you don't have enough free HD space all computer will be slow

RealFx:

What kind of details you want? Many answers, many questions??? There are exatly two (questions).

Like I said "It was normal before". Nothing to do what kind of PC I have. I have also an other Metatrader in other disk in the same PC. This other one working just fine. This IB:s version's tester in this disk where is now over than 50GT stopped to working as I mentioned.

Yes I believe that, cause I see that. The "question" was rethoric... this tester eats out tens of gigabytes after few tests. Not so wise.

It was a literal expression to start the post. I was asking to me what could be the problem.

Then, which EA? MT version? testing with every tick or control points? Other indicators added? Some example to try to replicate the problem within our computers?.

Something must be happened between the past on current state.

RealFx:
Hi!

My MT4 Strategy Tester is now very very slow. Nothing happend. What can I do? When I start the test it eats all my computers resources... everyrthig going very slow after I press "Start". I must to stop my tests everytime couse it doesn't work. This happens if I put only 1 day in "Use date" and with differents EA's.

Please, help... any ideas?? It was normal before. There was same kind of problem when the free disk space going to zero after tests, but now there is 48Gt free space.

Why MT tester eats all free diskspace but don't return it after testsruns... gigabytes flows away after few test. I don't understand this kind of logic in there.

The more frequent reason which cause the slowing of the tester is that the EA has a lot of calculation (indicators call, etc ...) AND it does it each tick.

The solution if the signal is taken at bar confirmed close is to calculate once a bar instead of each tick. But this is the job of the coder to think about this ...

FerruFx

How to reset history and statement to zero back to begining?

Hi,

Is there a setting to reset all history back to zero in metatrader, i.e. start from beginning so that the statement will not keep on growing? It makes publishing to ftp slow.

Thanks

Metatrader Reports

Is there a way to filter the strategy tester reports using the "short positions won %" and "long positions won %" as criteria in the optimisation report. Currently you can only filter on profit, total trades, profit factor, expected payoff etc.

Thanks in advance!

Super Big EA PROBLEM !

Can someone help me?

I've tried

1.download history

2.changing in "tools>option>charts~~~~"

that's what I can do

while backtesting

Files:
untitled.gif  79 kb

We're going to need a bit more information if we're to help you man.

Maybe attach the EA, what TF etc, etc...then we can test it and see if we can replicate the problem.

Help others to help you and you'll get a better response.

Lux

It's well known issue, mismatched data, see MQL forum. Click F2, choose pair/timefime and click on Download. The history data will be downloaded or recalculated at least.

Ok, Ah please look at the EA

luxinterior:
We're going to need a bit more information if we're to help you man.

Maybe attach the EA, what TF etc, etc...then we can test it and see if we can replicate the problem.

Help others to help you and you'll get a better response.

Lux

You've goit it

in the next post

and one more question

does error shown above effects in and realtime trading?

I means is this EA works?

Please help

Oh!, TF=60m~~~~

Reason: