Backtesting/Optimization - page 70

Back Testing Offline

I would like to back test some of the major pairs offline. I have downloaded a copy of MetaTrader 4 from FXCM MT4 and I have downloaded some of the data file from their History Center, but when I hit the offline command I don't see any of the data that I downloaded. I can see the files in my Windows Explorer. They are in

C;/Program Files/FXCM MT4/History/Downloads.Each pair folder contains numerous *.dat files and one *.hst file. But I have no way of knowing what time frame (1 minute, 1 Hour? etc) that they represent.

I would appreciate any help that can be extended.

Thanks

Maybe you can try to import data (somewhere under tools) first.

I think the TF is for M1. MT4 will then generate data for other TF from M1.

Thank you for your reply.

Their is an import button on the History Center page. Do you mean that I should import folders that are already sitting in the history/download directory?

What is TF? and M1.

Sorry, but I'm really new at this.

Please check here for importing data.

MetaTrader 1-Minute (M1) Data | FXDD

TF -- Time Frame

M1 -- 1 Minute

Partial Data Display Offline

I have downloaded 5 years CHFJPY,M1 data. (1.6 million bars) This is unviewable. How can I break this into increments that I can reasonably see on a chart?

Thanks

questions on EA optimization

what is the value ? start ? stop ? step ?

say default tp = 50 , i want to test tp=100

so value = 100 start = 20 step =5 stop = 150 ??

Going Back In Time

I have the Alpari database for purposes of a little back testing.

My problem is that I don't know how I can go a fixed point somewhere back in the DB.

For example if I want to see a 15M chart of EURUSD in April of 2007, how can I get there without keeping finger on the back button for about 10 minutes? Also, every time I change indictors the chart reverts to the current time.

Thanks

Hi Your Link Is Damages

Would it help if you could execute 64,000 days of optimizations...in a SINGLE DAY?

Over the past 3 years, I have developed and proven a method of optimization that produces results 2000 times faster than leading products (per CPU core) along with a database to track and store results, a user interface to add/review optimization jobs, and a cluster of servers configured to execute at this speed. The system is scalable to meet the stated capacity by a factor of more than 1000.

I am looking for a few algorithmic trader's interested in exploring use of the system, and am willing to provide two weeks of optimization results at no charge to establish viability. In addition, user's who are willing to work with me will have an opportunity to negotiate for rights to become a licensed reseller.

Please contact me if you are interested. I will be glad to answer questions and to work through concerns.

Startegy Tester: prb with log files

Hi All,

When running an EA with the strategy tester not all entries are available in the Journal tab (or at least that's the way I understood it?).

My problem is when I check on ... /MetaTrader/experts/logs folder I can't find anything. There is no log file and I need to see what's in there. I know my EA is running as it generates trades that I can see in the Results tab. I can also see things in the Journal tab (but I need more obviously).

As an aside, the folder ... /MetaTrader/tester/logs is empty as well.

I didn't figure out why is that. Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks

Reason: