EA on remote servers ? - page 7

Problem connecting to MT4 at Work ?

I have had the hardest time connecting to MT4 from work. I have heard that some users remote in to there home computer using logmein.com. I tried many remote connection providers but non worked except PCnow.webex.com. There is a free trial to test. The monthly cost is $12 but its worth it.

Virtual Private Server...?

i have to trade with EA..and now i need some good VPS (Virtual Private Server) to let my EA run)..can anybody recommend some good VPS provider...? thank you

I have a Windows VPS with JodoHost. $39.95 per month, 480MB RAM guaranteed.

No downtime or problems so far, good customer support, free setup.

Two more links found in this forum, but have not used.

OmegaSupreme.com

VPS hosting servers by EuroVPS Hosting

tickler:
Two more links found in this forum, but have not used.

OmegaSupreme.com

VPS hosting servers by EuroVPS Hosting

there are any trial version...?

How much disk space, bandwidth and Ram do you really need per install of MT4?

... looking at the pros and cons of running windows vs linux (with windows on linux)

windows host:

Eurovps - VPS Hosting Servers | Plesk, HSPcomplete, cPanel Virtual Private servers - good price for these specs (are they real?) $27 USD/month

EuroVPS Network Information :: Schuberg Philis Datacenter

reviews:

EuroVPS 1 month Review - Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet

Web Hosting Reviews, Web Site Hosting Resources, Web Host News

test:

... and a long way from FXDD and me ... mmmmm? Looks good though.

... Port Number- to get the price data for MT4 through my firewall.

.... Do I get that from FXDD or is it specific to the MT4 software??????????

adam777:
How much disk space, bandwidth and Ram do you really need per install of MT4?

... looking at the pros and cons of running windows vs linux (with windows on linux)

windows host:

Eurovps - VPS Hosting Servers | Plesk, HSPcomplete, cPanel Virtual Private servers - good price for these specs (are they real?) $27 USD/month

reviews:

EuroVPS 1 month Review - Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet

Web Hosting Reviews, Web Site Hosting Resources, Web Host News

test:

... and a long way from FXDD and me ... mmmmm? Looks good though.

I have four MT4 installs on my VPS along with a few other apps. I'm running KeepAlivePro all the time. The apps are using 269MB of disk space and about 240MB RAM. I have 480MB RAM on the VPS. I would not think bandwidth to be an issue on a VPS or server; I'm running 14 platforms at home with Comcast Cable, there have never been any issues, even when surfing or downloading.

Hope this helps.

WNW:
I have four MT4 installs on my VPS along with a few other apps. I'm running KeepAlivePro all the time. The apps are using 269MB of disk space and about 240MB RAM. I have 480MB RAM on the VPS. I would not think bandwidth to be an issue on a VPS or server; I'm running 14 platforms at home with Comcast Cable, there have never been any issues, even when surfing or downloading. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply!

More worried about RAM for this price.

Windows VPS Hosting Servers in Europe | Plesk control panel VPS hosting servers

256MB guaranteed RAM.

To get separate reports for each EA's performance, do you need separate installs of MT4? (one install per report?) ... If so I need lots of RAM. If not, this server will be great!

adam777:
To get separate reports for each EA's performance, do you need separate installs of MT4? (one install per report?) ... If so I need lots of RAM. If not, this server will be great!

Yes, you'll need one EA per account to get individual reports.

If you're attempting to run a number of indicators, EAs and charts on one account you're still going to eat up RAM anyway.

One EA per account really is how it should be done; if you're running several EAs on one account not only are you unable to determine each EA's performance, it's also very difficult to determine proper lot sizing / risk per EA. While you may achieve some diversification, you are also adding risk in terms of drawdown and margin calls.

You also need to make darn sure ALL your EA's either have magic numbers or some other trade tracking logic so that one EA doesn't close trades opened by a different EA. If that happens you have a real mess.

This now creates another possible problem, the question of how many live accounts your broker permits. While IBFX permits unlimited demos, they limit each customer to only 3 live accounts. If you have lots of EAs going you may need several brokers.

While this may all sound like a real pain, it really presents you with a simple solution. You just need to demo for a good while until you get down to 2 or 3 (or 1) of your best EA's and go with them. Keep it simple.

I did look at the link you provided, the prices seem rather high; you may want to shop around a bit more.

Reason: