EA on remote servers ? - page 3

daraknor:
In many cases applications need specific software that tells them how to run as a service. I do not know of a reliable way to do what you are asking in Windows. In linux it is fairly simple I am offering a beta of a hosting service which will automatically monitor, restart, etc EA.

daraknor,

Thanks for the offer, but i would like to know how to fix it, since i am already paying for the monthly VPS service. So if anyone knows how to setup service for metatrader on Windows Server, please let me know...............

I read your post again, and you can probably achieve similar results doing something much easier. Put a shortcut to MT4 in you Programs> STartup folder on the start menu. You can navigate there by right clicking the start button and choosing explore. This will require that user to automatically log in before it will work.

You can also add it to the registry,

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\RunServices

The entry would be "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\terminal.exe" or whatever your path is. THis would not require the user to log in but it is rather advanced.

daraknor:
I read your post again, and you can probably achieve similar results doing something much easier. Put a shortcut to MT4 in you Programs> STartup folder on the start menu. You can navigate there by right clicking the start button and choosing explore. This will require that user to automatically log in before it will work.

You can also add it to the registry,

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\RunServices

The entry would be "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\terminal.exe" or whatever your path is. THis would not require the user to log in but it is rather advanced.

There is a utility from MS to run a normal application as a Windows Service ... it's called srvany and you can find more info at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890 but I think that might be difficult for the monitoring of the application and I doubt that you could actually see the MT4 window.

Also running this stuff on a VPS you may want to consider running the DataService from MetaTrader to optimise your network bandwidth. This would definitely help you out if you were running multiple MT4 from a single broker. Just make sure that you configure your MT4 clients to actually use the DataService installed on your local VPS.

http://www.vpsland.com/winplans.html

$25 for 1 month start.

i have one bussines plan its great

mcbalta:
Hi there,

XYNTService.exe is a good solution to start multiple MT4's without login.

This solution is working on a seperate windows server, but on VPS account, I could not successfully setup it.

Hope this solves. But there is a deep problem on VPS, to autostart an exe, before login. I could not discovered yet. Possibly some resource/user right etc. problem...... snip ...

For the autostart you need what I described earlier. A few posts above this one ... srvany from MS. Hope this solves your problem. This should work as under the VPS solution you have the server dedicated to yourself, without any restrictions. You need to be an admin to set this up on the VPS box.

faizuuu:

$25 for 1 month start.

i have one bussines plan its great

thats a good find, I found this software (firedaemon) for automatic start. It also includes a schedule feature, which I find very beneficial.

mcbalta:
"srvany.exe" is a stupid microsoft solution. and did not worked on VPS. please be aware that on VPS, you are just being admin of virtual resources. so everything is not the same with a normal server. shortly, "createprocess" is insuccesfull already on VPS

Hmmm ... while I'm not here to endorse MS, I suspect that if srvany.exe did not work on VPS, then it is more of a problem between the chair and the keyboard (if you know what I mean)

Unless I'm totally way off base here, then a VPS is an exclusive copy of the machine and the operating system for your use only. If you are an admin on such a system, then regardless if it is physical or virtual, you can do whatever you like. There are no differences from an application point of view.

Wont work i guess

Guy I think the idea for mt4 to run as service on booting will not work as per me.

Because service run in back ground , mt4 has been made as an Application so I think I wont run unless you login , after you login I can run easily by adding it shortcut to the startup.

If you guys need server for testing the EA I can offer my but only for demo account just send me a pm and I will think about it

"Well i work as network enginer i have good idea about network device but about windows i am not so good so it could be wrong also "

mcbalta:
XYNTService.exe is a good solution to start multiple MT4's without login.

This solution is working on a seperate windows server, but on VPS account, I could not successfully setup it.

Hope this solves. But there is a deep problem on VPS, to autostart an exe, before login. I could not discovered yet. Possibly some resource/user right etc. problem...

Thanks dude, got it working with XYNTService on VPS! My MT4 is now running as a service and auto-starting! Now let's see those EA's rock