Can I Download MT4 on my Mac?

Dear Members, Is there a member who can tell me if I can use MT4 with my Mac? Here's what I have:

Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 288MB

Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

To use the Rapid Results Method I just received, I need MT4 but I can't download it. I'm 81 and, as you can imagine, not computer savvy so I'm just a newby who needs help. Thanks to anyone who can help me. Jon

sansoucie1s:

Dear Members, Is there a member who can tell me if I can use MT4 with my Mac? Here's what I have:

To use the Rapid Results Method I just received, I need MT4 but I can't download it. I'm 81 and, as you can imagine, not computer savvy so I'm just a newby who needs help. Thanks to anyone who can help me. Jon

MT4 and MT5 are Windows applications,  they will not run natively on Mac OS,  you need to run Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.

sansoucie1s:

This article, MetaTrader 4 on Mac OS, may be helpful.  However, since MT4 and MT5 are Windows applications and since you have admitted that you are not computer savvy, I wouldn't recommend running MT4 on Mac OS.  But it is your choice.

If you absolutely want to use MT4 on your Mac, I would recommend installing a virtual Windows machine and running MT4 on that.  But, again, if you are not computer savvy, installing, creating, and using a virtual Windows machine may be difficult for you.  It might be easier and probably less of a hassle for you if you bought a small Windows-based laptop for $300-500 and install/use MT4 on it.

Thirteen:

If you absolutely want to use MT4 on your Mac, I would recommend installing a virtual Windows machine and running MT4 on that.  But, again, if you are not computer savvy, installing, creating, and using a virtual Windows machine may be difficult for you.  It might be easier and probably less of a hassle for you if you bought a small Windows-based laptop for $300-500 and install/use MT4 on it.

Or simply install Windows 7 or 8 on your Mac . . .  I wonder will Apple refund you for your OS ?

RaptorUK:
Or simply install Windows 7 or 8 on your Mac . . .  I wonder will Apple refund you for your OS ?

Yes, that is a very good option.  See Apple's Boot Camp.  The only drawback I see is that you can't use Mac OS and Windows simultaneously because Boot Camp boots one or other, not both.  (I'm not a Mac OS user, so please correct me if I'm wrong on that point.)

Thirteen:
Yes, that is a very good option.  See Apple's Boot Camp.  The only drawback I see is that you can't use Mac OS and Windows simultaneously because Boot Camp boots one or other, not both.  (I'm not a Mac OS user, so please correct me if I'm wrong on that point.)

I was talking about ditching OSX and just running Windows,  so no need for Boot camp or any other similar software.
Reason: