Trading simulators! - page 7

Open price ? Close price? in EA

Hi MT4 programmer,

The best tool I've ever seen in MT4 is this Manual Trading---vHandstrade:

detailed introduction and download: Testing Visualization: Manual Trading - MQL4 Articles

But there's one thing not good:

say the last bar of chart is A, I feel good with the chart and want to open an position, so I use vhandstrade to open an position, then I press F12 once, there comes a new bar B and the position is built, BUT: the price of the position is close price of B, while my wish is close price of A or opening price of B...... that could make a big difference.

So, could anybody please change the code a bit, make it OPEN price of B, not CLOSE price of B ?

Here is the MQ4 file:https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/mt4/c/articles/2009/08/vHandsTradepause_1.mq4

Thanks.

Optimization of an Indicator

Anybody out there know any program or way to optimize an mt4 indicator? Let say you have an indicator with 3 o 4 parameters and want to get the best combination of parameters for the timeframe you are using quickly or you specify for example I want the best parameters so the indicator is less noisy but also with less lag? any program out there please say so..????

I am not sure if you can optimize the indicator.

You would have to convert it to a strategy, so you can base the optization a results that you can get.

Use EA

The quickest and easiest way to do this would be to create an EA and call the indicator from the EA with iCustom. Then you can use Strategy Tester and its optimizing feature. The EA would only be a dozen lines of code. The only caveat is that the indicaor can't repaint any of the old bars. If it does, then you would have to convert it to an EA and find some clever way to overcome the repainting.

but using an EA has its limitation

because how u specify to get the best fit of any indicator to a chart like saying out of the many combination of parameters which one give best fit of an indicator to a chart which of course will also tell u the optimal parameters.

Okay first of all, sorry for dragging up an old post but I seem to have some problems with the EA.

The problem I have is that it ALWAYS starts with the same date; approx. 2009-11-30.

I wonder why is that, let's say I wanted to start from 2000-01-01 and manual trade to today. How should I do this? Is it even possible to "tell" the EA which date it should start on?

Second of all, the EA doesn't work unless it is "Visual Mode" on the Startegy tester. Now everything shows up, the little box etc however. When I drag the buy-line (in order to buy) and drop it into the screen, nothing happens!

I only get this on my chart:

I have no clue on what I should do and also, in my "Journal"-tab o the Strategy tester I have a nice collection of Errors from "TestGenerator".

Thank you very much, hope that someone can help me!

Files:
ftsd.jpg  272 kb

Yeah solved that one with changing the files. However, I still have two problems.

First of all, when I open a trade, let's say a long position.. It opens 7 positions!! Totally wierd!?

Also, it still opens at the exact same date every single time, how should I change this?

Thanks

Problem

Hello, I have problem running the EA vHands, the box doesn't appear on the screen. I get this error message "2012.09.18 05:36:15 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.22860 at 2012.08.15 18:05 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.22840 mismatches)". I run it on M5 timeframe.

Can anyone help me ? Thanks.

airquest:
Hello, I have problem running the EA vHands, the box doesn't appear on the screen. I get this error message "2012.09.18 05:36:15 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.22860 at 2012.08.15 18:05 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.22840 mismatches)". I run it on M5 timeframe. Can anyone help me ? Thanks.

Ok, I managed to make it work. This is the best tool ever !

VhandsTrade doesn't work properly, all files placed to the proper folders. VHistory and VTerminal get errors when compiling, and cant attach to the chart ... I think I might have old files which doesn't work with new MT4 ... if anyone have latest files, please share them with me ..

Reason: