COT Data Excel Sheet - page 4

Free Commitments of Data report

Folks, I am the guy who actually wrote the COT spreadsheet and I am also the one who has taken it to the next level - to get it on the MetaTrader4 charts.

Now you don't need to fanny about printing it off and lining it up with the price action. Let cot4metatrader.com take out the strain. It's half a pip a month to subscribe and we have a special introductory offer that is running right now.

We're even providing the weekly report free to download on our site.

Take care and happy trading.

TheImperialOne

ps. commercials are shortest ever this week on the Cable. Go check it out at cot4metatrader.com

How to uppdate the file?

Hello friends

i downloaded the xcl sheet but when i try to uppdate it from the historical data csv file it only download the latest date and ignore the other dates !!!!!

any body here knows how to make it

regards

FYI,

SCOTIABANK, one of the largest banks in CANADA, and one of the best FX brokers in the world provides a FREE COT report every MONDAY morning.

ENJOY!!!

http://www.scotiafx.com/Chart_Feed/IMM.pdf

How do you convert the data for excel

Does anyone know how to convert Cot data

commitments of traders .cftc.gov

Iam trying to convert to csv format to import to Excel

but I am not having any luck

my excel skills are very poor

price ladder ... DOM

with DDE would it be possible to create an price ladder in Excel?

ie. DOM to control orders and stops .. like ninja, TT

MT4 is so difficult to enter and adjust trades.

This would be a useful project.

Coding in VB is pretty easy - i am surprised it is not already available.

Not much use of DOM for MT4 bucketshops. It may look like a ladder for ease of order entry and management, but that's just a pretty face. You won't get any of the order flow information and the sizes at each level like with L2. MT4 doesn't even show true volume, so it's really lacking in that kind of information.

Although it would make entering and exiting trades easier, but it has sometimes to deal with requotes, lag, large spreads, and limitations on limit/stop orders.

How to connect Excel and MT4 by FxDialogue

You can export indicators and prices from MT4 to Excel and execute orders from excel to several MT4s + other cool staff. It is explained by -fxdialogue/com-

deafut.txt data

I'm writing a windows program to read the deafut.txt file and maybe the deacom.txt file.

Also I've heard that the files may have been changed. New file names are F_disagg.txt and deacit.txt.

I need to know if this is true, also I need to know what changes may have been made to these files, and also,

Can anyone tell me the names of the columns if I were to open these txt files in a excel spread sheet?

I can tell what some columns are, (dates for example) but all the numbers look alike to me.

Rex

For current data the name of the file did not change

For previous data (historical) the only thing that probably changed is that they are in packed (zipped file) and that the name of the file in it is annual.txt now but is available in excel format too (as far as COT data for forex is concerned the usual source is the Futures Only Reports, so those are the ones I am talking about)

For the structure it is probably best to download the excel file version with all the field names within it (historical data in both formats down-loadable from here : Historical Commitments of Traders Reports Compressed current data is here http://www.cftc.gov/dea/newcot/deafut.txt )

RexTrayn:
I'm writing a windows program to read the deafut.txt file and maybe the deacom.txt file.

Also I've heard that the files may have been changed. New file names are F_disagg.txt and deacit.txt.

I need to know if this is true, also I need to know what changes may have been made to these files, and also,

Can anyone tell me the names of the columns if I were to open these txt files in a excel spread sheet?

I can tell what some columns are, (dates for example) but all the numbers look alike to me.

Rex

I couldn't load the recent info in the excel, it says erro 91, object or block variable 'with' not established.

Why? I can load older information (2006), and I check both worksheets and have the same columns, etc.

Reason: