Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 21

aleger:
Contact the extra trader with the nickname getch

That's funny )

getch => hrenfx => fxsaber

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

That's funny )

Thank you. Except he's not getting in touch with his own program for some reason. That's a useful little thing he once did!

aleger:
Thank you. Except he won't get in touch with his program for some reason. That's a useful thing he did back in the day!

Yeah, it was, though=)

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

That's funny )

comp also in theme)

aleger:
Thank you. Except he won't get in touch with his program for some reason. That's a useful thing he once did!
So knock on a new profile, the old one's been deleted or banned.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:
So knock on a new profile, the old ones have been deleted or banned

I can see that, and have tried it once before. There seems to have been some complicated relationships here at one time or another,
I wouldn't want to complicate it inadvertently for either side.

But I have not yet been able to finish this purely programmer thing off in the right way myself.

There are uncomfortable moments in the tester, but there are comfortable ones.)

As an example I remembered that in the mt4 tester you can stop the test at any time and see all trades and the overall result of the test, while in mt5 you'll only see a white sheet i.e. nothing.

Sometimes there's no point in waiting until the end of the test when you see the desired result right away.

Askr:

As an example I just remembered that in the mt4 tester you can stop the test at any time and see all trades and the overall result of the test, while in mt5 you will only see a white sheet, i.e. nothing.

Sometimes there's no sense to wait for the end of the test when you see the needed result.

That's why custom testers and their visualizers are better than MT4/5 ones.

1 What is lacking is a complete analysis of the results for each month being tested, as in monitoring services.

For example January 19 percentage

February 19 percentage

March 19 percents.

It would be better to show the drawdown of course, although it is not the most important thing.

But we really need profitability per month showing because it's impossible to assess the profitability by only one column of profitability when the graph is even and for a large testing period.

It's a trifle, but very uncomfortable that the tester doesn't show the history of positions, not deals.

it is much easier and faster to compare trades with each other between the tester and a real account.

Askr:

A small thing, but very inconvenient is that in the tester there is no selection of position history and not of trades.

The positions are much easier and faster to compare trades with each other between the tester and the real account.

If you have a source EA, you can easily add this functionality.

Reason: