Basic question

Hi,

suppose i create and compile a new expert advisor. Now in the strategy tester i see i can test it. i also see you need to specify a symbol. when the test is done how do i put it in real action ? also how do i apply it to all symbols ?

thanks,

Drag and drop the EA onto a chart to make it live. Strategy tester only works with one currency pair per test run, so forward testing (i.e testing on a dummy account) is the simplest way to test a multiple currency EA.

Ickyrus:

Drag and drop the EA onto a chart to make it live. Strategy tester only works with one currency pair per test run, so forward testing (i.e testing on a dummy account) is the simplest way to test a multiple currency EA.

thanks,

so this also means that if in my EA i have a script that is checking for a particular time then being the EA active the check is always on ?

As long as the EA works as desired. While MT4 platform is running the EA is running when placed in an active chart, and the EA shows a smiley face to show it is working properly. However there are so many different ways for things to go wrong and for you to not know that things are not working properly that I hesitate to give a definate yes answer to your question.

Reason: