Profit Generator EA - page 56

hi,

No, your order is obsolete right from the begining. Maybe to use with Profit only activated.

Also, instead of a Fixed value trailing, maybe we could had a % (fibo?) of profits.

Jojo

hi all,

I would like to use 4 platforms from North Finance to test out different settings for PG. Can Nich, Holyguy or anyone pls give me 4 or more different settings to test PG 3.2.3 ? Since I will be outstation for almost a month I will let these platforms run on my PC from this coming Mon onwards.

Pls give me different settings ASAP as I will be leaving for airport in few hrs time.

Thanks for Nich, Holyguy7 and everyone who have contributed greatly to PG development.

P.S. I plan to open live with North Finance after I come back in a months time.

Holyguy7, Nich or jojo,

Were your last 2 posts regarding the question I raised in post #550? If not I'm kind of feeling ignored here as I brought up a valid point which can potentially help this EA become even more profitable. I'm new to this whole EA thing, but not new to trading. I think activating a moving average after entering a trade, or something like that will help exit with more profit or without losing too much profit.

I dont know if this can be done, but maybe have it exit when the MA cross agrees with your current exit strategy??? I dont know. I'm just throwing ideas out there that might help spark an idea for one of you more experienced guys.

I think this is an amazing EA and I want to see it succeed and everyone make money!!!

Thanks,

Billy

Bagovino,

The trades that you highlighted happen quite a lot over all pairs too.

That's why I am going back to no obsolete method next week.

There is an option for obsolete method to reverse when in profit only. Maybe we should have the option to reverse if the trade is at a loss only?

As for the MA option, I have tried various settings from 10 - 14 up tp 10 - 34 and it doesn't help. You just get less trades which can still go wrong.

We will get there in the end - just keep testing

Mike4X.

Using Ichimku logic to make your initial trade....

Perhaps you can implement the following logic to this EA's initial trade:

If open is Inside the Cloud, then no trade, else trade.

See the attached .jpg file to view the logic, and for your convenience download the template file (.tpl) for your MT4.

Excellent EA, indeed.

///Frank

p.s. Would be interesting to see a backtest result due to the above logic.

Files:
2btpl.doc  6 kb
ichimoku.jpg  58 kb

mike4X:
Bagovino,

The trades that you highlighted happen quite a lot over all pairs too.

That's why I am going back to no obsolete method next week.

There is an option for obsolete method to reverse when in profit only. Maybe we should have the option to reverse if the trade is at a loss only?

As for the MA option, I have tried various settings from 10 - 14 up tp 10 - 34 and it doesn't help. You just get less trades which can still go wrong.

We will get there in the end - just keep testing

Mike4X.

Mike, please try this lossonly method.

Nick

Let's get going!.. We have your sever set aside in our server room

Ryan

That's the email that I just received. sampson, if we make our server available to host the solution to where people can publish via ftp, is that something you can help with?

Thanks Nich, I will try it. You are a star

Can you check out the Spoutnik thread if you get a chance? Your name is mentioned there.

Mike4X.

MIKE, NICH, HOLY....

Thanks for the replies.... I appreciate it!

I just want to see us all succeed.... I think you misunderstood my idea. Take the trade exactly the way the EA does now... Not on an MA, that never works! After the trade initiates then let the MA kick in to either keep us in the trade or get us out depending on the cross. It will either ride the trend or exit before letting it go back to the stoploss losing tons of pips! Try it.... I bet it helps!

Also, MIKEFX..... What does taking off the obsolete do? Again, I'm new to programing.

Thanks,

Billy

By the way....

The 5 EMA / 12 EMA works very well on any time frame!!

Billy

Reason: