Tighter Trailing Stops && Stops - page 4

Hi every one,

I used Tight Trailing Stops.mq4 for managing my trade in one of my EA with very good result in a scalp condition...but I think I didn't get the reseting TrailPrice variable part, so I do not have a breakeven when I want to save my last trade profit on a candlestick (I am trading the bar).

I am studying the code of aa.mq4 to see if I can include it in my EA script.

malaz:
Do you mean the aa.mq4 file? Yes, it is working for two steps. It is a bit confusing about the way it works but the idea is there. Perhaps can be better. I am still learning the code.

Hi, i am studying also this file, the aa.mq4. And curiously i discover that the code is very similaire to the TakeProfit.mq4 of stockwet on FF : Manage Take Profit

The man give a lot of explanation on how it work there.

hidden trailing stop

I am new to mql programming, and I'm trying to add a hidden trailing stop to an EA. Not sure how to do it. tried several ways but unsuccessfully.

Anyone can guide me?

Thanks

Nicholishen:
If you select tight trailing stops to be true it will close the trade after the amount of pips selected in ScalpPips. This is for setting a TP lower than what your broker will allow.

When you want to setup a trailing stop, you will have to change UseTrailing to true. Then the TrailingAct is the activation point where the trailing stop starts to trail. For example, if i want my trailing stop to kick in only after there has been a 10 pip increase in my position, I would set the TrailingAct to 10 (or 10 pips). The TrailingStep (which I should probably rename) is the amount of pips will trail the highest point in the open position. In short, if you want a traditional trailing stop, just set the TrailingAct to 0 and the TrailingStep to the amount you would like to trail by. I hope this helps.

Nic

Dear Nic,

Thankyou for sharing above EA. I hope i attached above EA properly and settings also Good. But Tight Trailing stop not working.

1. Alpari Demo Account, i put EA in Experts folder.

2. I set Use Tight Stop as "True" and Use Trailing as"True".

3. Trailing act = 60: Trailing Set = 30:

Currently profit in 200Pips, But after above setting Trailing stop not activated..

Please clarify.

EA is in Smile symbol. But not functioning..

Is any other mistake i done or Ur Valuable advice Please.

That's what I was looking for. I'm going to give this EA a try, thanks.

Wrong?

Sorry, but Tight Trailing Stops.mq4 doesn't seam to work for me, I have tested it on a demo account, putting UseTightStop as True and ScalpPips as 1, but nothing happens... Have I done something wrong. Thanks.

Wrong?

Can't make it work, when I put UseTrailing to True I don't know where to put the number of pips I want to trail. I put 2 in ScalpPips and 0 in Trailing Act, but nothing happens... Somebody helps please !

LeMan stop

lemanstop.mq4

Files:

Nicholishen #:

If you select tight trailing stops to be true it will close the trade after the amount of pips selected in ScalpPips. This is for setting a TP lower than what your broker will allow.

When you want to setup a trailing stop, you will have to change UseTrailing to true. Then the TrailingAct is the activation point where the trailing stop starts to trail. For example, if i want my trailing stop to kick in only after there has been a 10 pip increase in my position, I would set the TrailingAct to 10 (or 10 pips). The TrailingStep (which I should probably rename) is the amount of pips will trail the highest point in the open position. In short, if you want a traditional trailing stop, just set the TrailingAct to 0 and the TrailingStep to the amount you would like to trail by. I hope this helps.

Nic

since mt or your brocker has a minimum number of pounts that can be placed on a trailing stop loss if i code an EA that has points lower than the restricted will it work.
Reason: