Tighter Trailing Stops && Stops - page 2

Okay what am I doing wrong here.

Placed the EA in the experts folder, used the settings in first image and yet it did not move.

Any ideas

Moved 2 pips yet it did not move, what am i doing wrong here? I know i am missing something.

Files:
untitled1.jpg  18 kb
untitled2.jpg  20 kb

trailing stop

I think u should set tight scalping to false, than trailing stop should move.

U should check moves on GBPUSD in order see them fast.

How do I disable ScalpPips so I can just follow with a TS instead

Closed 3 trades at 0

Whereas the trend on daily charts is to sell $$

can trailstop set to below 15? will broker allow it?

trailing stop

i recommand u to set manually profit target, this EA is little bit strage,

if u use EA with its own TS u dont have to fight with your broker`s minimal TS

i add here quite good EA, its is taken from strategybiulderFX. it doesnt use TS, it has 3 levels of TS which became a breakevens (so u can set minimal profit targets)

maxstoploss is your first stop level

first, second, third target - u set levels of price, when minimal profit in pips enters the market

target increment - for each target u set levels of prosit

so it works like this: when u have 20 pips profit, EA sets stop (breakeven) at 10 pips of profit, so when price moves back it will close with 10 pips profit

all over it u can set maxmium profit target

with this EA u dont have to worry about u loose minimal profits

this EA also keeps hidden to your broker your STOPLOSS ! so u dont see it on the screen, u must be conscious that u set eg. 30 pips STOPLOSS for your order, but this EA sets breakevens on the screens visually for u

Files:
aa.mq4  5 kb

trailing stop

here u have the link to the discussion and explanations of the author of attached EA, he starts his EA with 2 breakeven levels, but i put the last EA which he gave with 3 breakeven levels (minimal profits guarding)

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?t=16297&highlight=breakeven

it is not easy to understand at first glance, but after some reading i was able to understand it, and it works properly and this EA is easy to controll so u can set and forget it for some hours

it is also important to see typical pips number for STOPLOSS, eg. for GBPUSD i have seen that people usually use number 30-50 ST at 30m time frame,

it is very easy to catch 10-20 pips profit on GBPUSD

Graphical Trailing Stop Indicator

Is there a trailing stop indicator that displays graphically, while following price, that is visible on a chart?

I saw something like this included with the software from Topgun Software.

You can manually set and adjust your stop loss while you observe the graphics of the spread between price and your stop.

Just thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Larry

Active EA Trailing with selected ordercomment

Hi there

Anyone can added in this EA a option oder comment selected so that this EA will select post base on ordercomment. I need it because wanna to separate between long term post and short term post. Only the ordercomment with "short" will make a trailling (exe by this EA)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175631

Hey master001, Do you have any info on the other indicators posted? I'm trying to put a trailing stop on 1 of 4 long/short positions on a particular currency. Or does anyone know how to make the one nicholson posted work on this?

Thanks

Jar

master001:
here u have the link to the discussion and explanations of the author of attached EA, he starts his EA with 2 breakeven levels, but i put the last EA which he gave with 3 breakeven levels (minimal profits guarding)

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?t=16297&highlight=breakeven

it is not easy to understand at first glance, but after some reading i was able to understand it, and it works properly and this EA is easy to controll so u can set and forget it for some hours

it is also important to see typical pips number for STOPLOSS, eg. for GBPUSD i have seen that people usually use number 30-50 ST at 30m time frame,

it is very easy to catch 10-20 pips profit on GBPUSD

trailing stop

im not programist, so u must be careful in using provided upper STOP files, because some of them automatically modify all opened orders and some modify only orders opened when EA is started. For sure i can say that aa.mq4

is the most controleable and works with orders which opened on switched EA. Its philosophy if very similar to STEP STOP, but aa.mq4 works like investor wants.

There would be very good if any programist modified that STOP files, to allow to choose which opened order u join to EA trailing stop.

I propose tu use aa.mq4, i think this is the best what is possible to find,

but u must test it to see when it sets stops and moves them or sets breakeven.

I think that having EA with breakeven is very important. I dont know why breakeven is so little underlined. My expierience tells me for sure that profit trading without breakevens is difficult, because good system is not able to tell u in 100% when to close profitable order. Even if u have profit u see many times when waiting for bigger profits become a loss and next profit and next loss. So finally u r not sure what to do. If u can use breakeven after price moves back u have executed profit and once again u enter the market for next profit.

i propose to read 2-3 times the link on strategybuilder, because the investor should know and use more than 1 method of closing the order. I think that should be accented a stop loss placed after some time. EG. your stop loss can close order at. 30 pips loss and/or after 6 bars. I remeber that author of braintrend uses some kind of TIME STOP LOSS. When he doesnt see profit after 4 bars he closes his order.

Reason: