Move Stop to Break even

Hello, I would like to ask if you guys know what is the best way to move stop to break even at XX amounts of profit in Metatrader 3.

I have seen some experts that do that on M4 but not sure if is possible to do that in M3.

Thanks in advance

GS

Go here: http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/

Look for: Mauro 10pip v1.mql

bill3002:
Go here: http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/ Look for: Mauro 10pip v1.mql

Thanks a lot Bill3002, I will take a look.

GS

gsepulveda71:
Hello, I would like to ask if you guys know what is the best way to move stop to break even at XX amounts of profit in Metatrader 3.

I have seen some experts that do that on M4 but not sure if is possible to do that in M3.

Thanks in advance

GS

Here is some code that you can use that we put together to track trailing stops on muliple orders with the same or different currency. The problem we had was tracking tight trailing stops as the orders in the trading pool always change. This method tracks the trailing stop price and stops within an array, where the ticket numbers are paired with the corresponding stops.

TStopPoint- Sets the point (profit by pips) where the Trailing stop kicks in.

TStopPips - Sets the number of pips that the trailing stop will trail until the close order executes.

Hope this helps!

Nicholishen:
Here is some code that you can use that we put together to track trailing stops on muliple orders with the same or different currency. The problem we had was tracking tight trailing stops as the orders in the trading pool always change. This method tracks the trailing stop price and stops within an array, where the ticket numbers are paired with the corresponding stops.

TStopPips - Sets the number of pips that the trailing stop will trail until the close order executes.

Hope this helps!

Wow Nicholishen, I will give it a try, thanks very much.

It sounds very good.

Regards

GS

Nicholishen:

Hope this helps!

Hello Nicholishen: I would like to know if there are a way to just move the stop to break even at certain amount of pips without the trailing stop.

Thanks in advance

GS

gsepulveda71:
Hello Nicholishen: I would like to know if there are a way to just move the stop to break even at certain amount of pips without the trailing stop.

Thanks in advance

GS

Sure there is a way to do anything. Tell me more about the criteria for which you would want to move the stop. I will be more difficult to program in MT3...

Nicholishen:
Sure there is a way to do anything. Tell me more about the criteria for which you would want to move the stop. I will be more difficult to program in MT3...

Thanks for your fast reply Nic.

Well I have a normal channel strategy that I move the stop loss to break even at xx amount of pips, then sometimes take half profit and sometimes not, Depends on the currency and the time frame. No need of trailing stops.

Can you help me with an expert that could do that in M3? Half profit without enter aditional order and move stop loss to break even at xx amount of pips.

Thanks Nic

GS

Move stop to break even after XX # of pips MQ4

Hi Nic

Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Stu and I have a request similiar to that of GS.

I use MT4, and I'd like to have a simple move stop to break even EA. Here are my criteria:

1) I will enter the trade manually based on my entry rules

2) I will initially manually place a HARD stop/loss of 30 pips for all trades

3) I will manually place a take/profit t/p of 40-45 pips for all trades

4) When the trade moves 20 pips in my favor, All I need is the EA to automatically bring stop/loss to break even.

Would you (or another programmer) be able to help me?

I greatly appreciate this MT site, I think it is the ABSOLUTE best site on the web for fellow users of Metatrader to share and profit together!

-Stu

stu:
Hi Nic

Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Stu and I have a request similiar to that of GS.

I use MT4, and I'd like to have a simple move stop to break even EA. Here are my criteria:

1) I will enter the trade manually based on my entry rules

2) I will initially manually place a HARD stop/loss of 30 pips for all trades

3) I will manually place a take/profit t/p of 40-45 pips for all trades

4) When the trade moves 20 pips in my favor, All I need is the EA to automatically bring stop/loss to break even.

Would you (or another programmer) be able to help me?

I greatly appreciate this MT site, I think it is the ABSOLUTE best site on the web for fellow users of Metatrader to share and profit together!

-Stu

Oh, that would be great somebody could code this!!!

Hi,

Try to use this expert.

Igor

Files:
Reason: