Random Walk Index? - page 5

PS: the cpp source of the dll library posted a few posts ago (metatrader down not allow anything other than array passed by reference, hence, since random walk index calculates 2 values, it places results in an array, it does not return a value - for those interested in developing their own dlls)

random_walk_index_cpp.zip

PPS: I use 7-zip for packing. If someone eventually gets an error unpacking the zip file 7-zip can be downloaded from here 7-Zip (it is an open source - free project, so it is a free packer that recgnizes almost all known packed formats of today)

angrysky:
Thanks, that is very helpful. 1440 on a 1 min- thanks- you guys are great.

Hi,

What is the name of the indicator above the RWI? Is it public?

vampiricaura:
Hi, What is the name of the indicator above the RWI? Is it public?

put the library mq4 in your library it is not an indie.

One Side Gaussian indicators, corrected and supplemented - MQL4 Code Base

Author:

Mladen

Thanks again.

I just layered the osg trend and osg SR rate and colored it my way.

A thread with some additional description, examples and information (and source too) about one side gaussian can be found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mladen:
PS: the cpp source of the dll library posted a few posts ago (metatrader down not allow anything other than array passed by reference, hence, since random walk index calculates 2 values, it places results in an array, it does not return a value - for those interested in developing their own dlls)
random_walk_index_cpp.zip
PPS: I use 7-zip for packing. If someone eventually gets an error unpacking the zip file 7-zip can be downloaded from here 7-Zip (it is an open source - free project, so it is a free packer that recgnizes almost all known packed formats of today)

And why this hide, ddl)?

As you can see nothing is hidden :):) As I alreadu told once, making a dll extension just depends on C/C++ imagination (since I prefer C to some other coding languages)

And as you see it is as simple as it gets - after all that is the goal of coding : finding a solution that is simple, efficient and does the job as it should. Compared to mql, C/C++ is always a better solution (it just depends if there is an actual need for it - like in this case, or the mql code does the job fast enough) hence, in this case, I made a dll for calculating long periods without waiting too much.

ZIGANI:
And why this hide, ddl)?

The dll in this thread (the random walk dll) is showing us that even the dll transition from metatrader 4 to metatrader 5 will not go so smoothly as expected. The main problem is the new format of rates that is now in metatrader 5 : it has 2 additional fields compared to metatrader 4 format : the spread and the "real volume", and it makes cases when prices , time and volume were passed as an array to dll unusable from existing dll.

So, even though in the majority of dlls there will be no problems, any dll that was passing rates to dll will not work any more in metatrader 5

Random walk index - metatrader 5 version

This is Random walk index - metatrader 5 version ...

This is a "pure mql5" code (was curious how will metatrader 5 perform with longer calculating periods) and as it turnes out, calculation speed is not bad. Anyway, everybody can try it out and compare the speeds

Random walk index

rwi.mq4

Files:
rwi.mq4  2 kb
rwi_mql.png  72 kb

Random Walk Index

The forum

• Random walk index indicator thread - MT4 (original version of RWI; Random walk index - T3 smoothed indicator; Random walk index - T3 signal indicator; more)

The articles

CodeBase

Reason: