Random Walk Index? - page 3

Please scroll down this list for different uses of the FDI.

Traders Tips - May 2003

One interesting comparison. In a couple of these they are taking lower readings of the index and playing bounces off of, what looks like hurst channels (lower channel - if just price, Dinapoli has some good reading on this subject) during the index reading, while also coinfirming with a Stochastic momentum oscillator. TP is when prices go back to norm (basic moving average). Index settings are for a longer time period. The Hurst component of the FDI measures strength of the trend. "Time and Money" charts are the setup. I want to see what Neuroshell would do with this!

You can see the hand of experience in the code. VIP job.

Choppiness index

Thanks mladen nice indicator.

tools

winias:
Comparing the two formulas (I dont have the exact for each but just what is written about the general structure and components), they seem to be very similar. I took the explaination you had pasted here, changed the FDI to a period of 14, as in the chart you found online, and noticed some interesting things on my own charts with FDI. Take a look at the image below. Green lines represent peaks in the FDI and red represent low values.

Peaks are showing up right before major movements (time to trade).

Low values are corresponding to the end of these movements (time to take profits).

It provides some value. As I am writing the index peaked and EUR just made a sharp turn downward right after it.

In the link I posted earlier the user was using a period of 1000 on his 1min charts for this indicator. He was taking a more or less macro perspective based on earlier writings in this thread. Not even sure if my computer can handle that much.

hi winias,

i cannot seem to find the FDI indicator u are talking about, could u post it please or tell me were i can find it.

thanks!

oneprint:
hi winias,

i cannot seem to find the FDI indicator u are talking about, could u post it please or tell me were i can find it.

thanks!

Please follow the 1st link in post #7.

winias:
Please follow the 1st link in post #7.

hi again winias, i followed the link and it seems to take me to juriks inidcators, i believe they are not free and have to be paid for, am i right?

Choppiness index

Choppiness index (applied formula from post #18)

Files:

This thread looks dead but if anyone ever sees this and feels like it I think the RWI from earlier in the thread has some potential-

could it be made into 4 color candles with selectable periods AND level activation line- crossing signals under the line are the subsignals.

They could even have another indie like RSI to activate the signals instead of the line- just a thought.

I couldn't figure out how to move the line. Is it an ATR %?

It was easy to make it so you can select different periods BUT I think if you pick too high a period it will crash your platform- maybe my old laptop computer is not powerful enough and it just lagged- not sure, 55 worked , 144 I froze out.

rwi.mq4

Files:
rwi.mq4  4 kb

if I wanna to know, is it just trendy after USA got some news

I will watch out for activity in TWITTER, easier

Reason: