Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 66

My Two cents worth-A great tool just got better!

Here is my two cents worth,the Damiani MTF indicator. I think that it is agood tool for sorting out the best periods to trade in, i have presented this indicator in a two colour form with no "firebrick" flatline, and it is in histogram form that you can change if you please...Thanks to the other great members for some good tools...Keep up the good work.

Horizontal lines & overall trend

Hi,

Im looking for an indicator that draws horizontal lines very x pips, does anyone have an indicator like that??

Also, Im looking for an indicator that would give an overall direction of the trend. I currently use moving average but they lag too much. can anyone help? I trade on the 4h chart.

Thank you.

Regards

spiritbreezer:
MTF envelopes still struggling to get a proper MTF envelopes indicator ...

O, man...

MTF of standart MT4 Envelopes - one to one

settings are MT4standart: 34,0,0,0, 0.1 ; you can change it to21,000 0.95

Files:

O, man

LOL

Again THANK YOU fxbs

OK. We can work on this here. Here goes.

This is from a system I found on forexfactory. I tried to find it again today, but with no luck. They are placing daily envelopes on, and then trading of the envelope lines. I wanted to post the MTF on their thread to help em out as they are drawing horizontal lines every morning. But as I said I cannot find it now.

Using the MTF moving averages and the MTF envelopes posted by FXBS, 2 or 3 posts above this one, place a daily 21 simple close moving average. Then the envelopes, always time frame 1440 (daily) and ma always 21.

Leave all the other settings to zero. Then just change the deviation settings at the bottom to the following 0.21, 0.34, 0.55, 0.89, 0.95 and 1.17.

Now have a look at any tf, I think 30 min will do for explanantion, and see how price reacts around these envelopes lines.

Now I don't know what to add, as when I had a look at the charts now, I see that it would be nice to have mayb 3 more deviations higher than 1.17. But if I find the other thread, I'm sure that gentleman can help us.

Now we need to have a look and see which other indicator will give us a sort of heads up as to which lines will be used, which lines will be used as turning points. Feel free to help out with this.

Grid indicator

FXBabe:
Hi,

Im looking for an indicator that draws horizontal lines very x pips, does anyone have an indicator like that??

Also, Im looking for an indicator that would give an overall direction of the trend. I currently use moving average but they lag too much. can anyone help? I trade on the 4h chart.

Thank you.

Regards

The closest thing I can help you out with is this grid indicator, which you can change the setiings for you purpose.

Files:

MTF WAE

that's a lot of work, CJA, great job

CJA, can you modify mtf to plot defined timefame on current like in pict. below? :

Files:
mtf_wae.gif  21 kb

spiritbreezer:
The closest thing I can help you out with is this grid indicator, which you can change the setiings for you purpose.

cheers mate. i'll try it.

spiritbreezer:

That indicator draws vertical lines. the indicator im looking for would draw horizontal lines only, i used to have one by the name 'sdx_sweet...'.

Colour of lines

FXBabe:
That indicator draws vertical lines. the indicator im looking for would draw horizontal lines only, i used to have one by the name 'sdx_sweet...'.

Hi

You need to just change the colours and setiing in the properties tab. As you can see it draws hori and verti lines

Files:

sdx sweet spots

Hi FXBabe

I have this one that draws horizontal lines

Regards

tools

Reason: