Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 131

right, or you can put mtf MA set to period 1, price close

CurrencyChart_v1: buffer_close = iClose(symbol, Period(), bar_no);

ND, can you explain more what you mean and show repainting on pictures: hard to tell - two separate indis in one window scaled differently and would rob each other (i see CurrencyChart_v1 doesn't refreshes on time on current bar -remember, people ware asking to code somehow and leave both straight (fresh) line and wiggly tail (antenna)?:-)

Files:

fxbs:

CurrencyChart_v1: buffer_close = iClose(symbol, Period(), bar_no);

ND, can you explain more what you mean and show repainting on pictures: hard to tell - two separate indis in one window scaled differently and would rob each other (i see CurrencyChart_v1 doesn't refreshes on time on current bar -remember, people ware asking to code somehow and leave both straight (fresh) line and wiggly tail (antenna)?:-)

I think it is the same scale and CurrencyChart_v1 was refreshing ...

I just tried to use this CurrencyChart_v1 (let's say it is H1 price in separate M5 chart window) together with LSMA H1 timeframe with same M5 separate window as well. Same scale and same timeframe (H1 on M5 separate window).

And I wanted to say how i am estimating when MTF start and finish re-painting: any indicator will re-paint open bar right? So, if I attach indicator with H1 settings for M5 chart so this indicator may re-paint H1 open bar on M5 timeframe. And I am using customCandler indicator just to estimate it.

"repainting" became so bad word - I call it drawing, settling, "painting" or "unfinished painting" !

.... makes all the difference ( - big difference)

P.S. i know ND's term 4 real(bad) repainting - "Repainting of the History" ("Repainting of the Past"), when it's repaints (changes) previous History - when "drawing of current bar" finished after bar closed

well some indis repaint, some doesn't refresh, Metatrader sometimes repaint (pulling the line) - all MTFs as good as their main (initial) indi...

good old Eli's MTF_Forex_freedom_Bar (cci50>0); (small mod)

Files:

fxbs:
"repainting" became so bad word - I call it drawing, settling, "painting" or "unfinished painting" !

.... makes all the difference ( - big difference)

P.S. i know ND's term 4 real(bad) repainting - "Repainting of the History" ("Repainting of the Past"), when it's repaints (changes) previous History - when "drawing of current bar" finished after bar closed

well some indis repaint, some doesn't refresh, Metatrader sometimes repaint (pulling the line) - all MTFs as good as their main (initial) indi...

Yes, you are right: unfinished painting.

fxbs:

Where do we put that, in order to work with the close of the ma.

Sorry but, total noob in programming

Thanks

Big Joe:
Where do we put that, in order to work with the close of the ma. Thanks

in the basement :

mtf ma period1 price open from higher tf will tell you where price was at bar open on that (hidher) tf (same ma set to price close - where pice is now, currently)

CurrencyChart_v1 (mtf) - will show you, not just same currensy, like MA, but any other

Thanks Fxbs,

It's not me i do that, i found it here on forex-tsd, i think

There's two categories of traders : simple traders (me) and traders-programmers (you)

I will test your indis on monday, thank you

same what you did to lsma - change "chart window" to "separate window" in the code

just in case (4 lasy):

Files:
ma_lmtf.mq4  9 kb

Could someone please build a MTF version of the qqe indi with an alert on the cross. Or is there a link or thread other than this one to explain how to build these types of indicators.

Cheers Beno

Files:
qqe.mq4  4 kb
Reason: