Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 112

dynamicsoul
dynamicsoul  

Hi.. Im a big fan of MTF indicators.. one of my favourite trend confirmations filters I use is plot 2 x MTF moving averages on a chart.. both set to 15 minutes.. set one to be applied to open and one to close..

Then do the same with either a 5 minute TF or 30 minute TF..

If you are trading the 15 minute chart.. only take the entries which the 15 minute MTF MAs confirm direction along with teh net time frame up (30 minutes)..

Same if you trade the 5 minute for scalps.. if the MTF ma's cross.. look to make sure the 15 minute ones overlayed are travelling in the same direction..

This isn't a trading method.. just a confirmatin of overall direction for your usual system/set up thats all...

See the USDJPY chart below.. you can see during asian session both MAs (5 minute and 15 minute) travelling in same direction..

Files:
bp.gif 20 kb
lodol2
lodol2  

stepstoch

thx fxbs for the stepstoch

T Jones
T Jones  

Thanks for the MTF Stoch & RSI!

Thanks kindly lodol2 and FXBS for the two indis.

Much appreciated!

etrader58
etrader58  

I wonder if there is a MTF version of MA Crossover

T Jones
T Jones  

MTF MA Crossovers

etrade:
I wonder if there is a MTF version of MA Crossover

Sure there are many. These are but a few. I'll see if I can dig up some more for you.

Thanks & good luck

emdafx
emdafx  

Interpolation in MTF indicators

I've searched about interpolation in this thread with no results...

If you leave open a chart with MTF indicator. such as MTF moving average for example... it calculates the MTF MA each quote... and leaves the value painted of all the current timeframe bars... but all the previous counted bars when you add the indicator are jagged with the values of the indicator Timeframe only.

is it possible to interpolate the MTF indicators with close values of current timeframe?

see attached picture

Files:
etrader58
etrader58  
alpha24seven:
Sure there are many. These are but a few. I'll see if I can dig up some more for you. Thanks & good luck

wow, many thanks for your kind attention.

I am seeking for a simple MA Crossover indicator showing a signal when two MAs hit.

dynamicsoul
dynamicsoul  

i havent seen an MTF one of those, plenty normal time frame ones though

T Jones
T Jones  

I think you have a bad MTF MA

emdafx:
I've searched about interpolation in this thread with no results...

If you leave open a chart with MTF indicator. such as MTF moving average for example... it calculates the MTF MA each quote... and leaves the value painted of all the current timeframe bars... but all the previous counted bars when you add the indicator are jagged with the values of the indicator Timeframe only.

is it possible to interpolate the MTF indicators with close values of current timeframe?

see attached picture

Try these two. They both function properly and the HMA Russian will change colors for up/down. Watch out for repainting though.

Good luck

Alpha

lodol2
lodol2  

hi

hi emdafax very important post