Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 117

3-10 of A/D (lucas1) mtf

BH-Ergodic

brucehvn:
Attached is a replacement for FXSniper's Ergodic CCI and Trigger indicator that some of you might use. The reason for the rewrite, is twofold. One, I'm not sure why it had the name "CCI" in it as it didn't seem to have anything to do with CCI at all. Secondly, at least the copy I had was very processor intensive by rewriting the entire indicator on every new tick which is completely unnecessary. This is a calculation intensive indicator as it stands and having to do those calculations thousands of times for each tick could really cause your MT4 to take a bit performance hit.

Should display the same information, though the levels will indicate lower than the original.

A couple new things you can change:

BarDiff(default 1). Usually when doing the calculations, the difference between the current close and the previous bar close are used. This parameter lets you choose a bar further back if you like, so the calculations might be from the current bar close minus the 5th bar back close instead.

PriceType (default 0). Usually calculations are done on the closing prices. Here you can adjust them to be one of the following:

0=Close, 1=Open, 2=High, 3=Low, 4=Median, 5=Typical, 6=Weighted

Bruce

That's what Bruce said about the Ergodic indi.

just in case

Files:
mtf_ad.mq4  5 kb
mtf_mfi.mq4  5 kb

banzai:
That's what Bruce said about the Ergodic indi.

Banzai, could you put link(s), please

fxbs:
Banzai, could you put link(s), please

Turn out that he's from Forex Factory:

Ergodic and Trigger Indicator

I noticed 4 some reason set up in the MTF_ADX code was different than standard ADX (pict.)

Who want 2 change readings to standard can change the code lines

ExtMapBuffer1=iADX(NULL,TimeFrame,ADXperiod,PRICE_HIGH,MODE_MAIN,y) ;

ExtMapBuffer2=iADX(NULL,TimeFrame,ADXperiod,PRICE_HIGH,1,y) ;

ExtMapBuffer3=iADX(NULL,TimeFrame,ADXperiod,PRICE_HIGH,2,y) ;

}

[/PHP]

to

[PHP] **********************************************************/

ExtMapBuffer1=iADX(NULL,TimeFrame,ADXperiod,0,0,y) ;

ExtMapBuffer2=iADX(NULL,TimeFrame,ADXperiod,0,1,y) ;

ExtMapBuffer3=iADX(NULL,TimeFrame,ADXperiod,0,2,y) ;

}

or replace file (reinstall indicator)

Files:
mtf_adx.mq4  6 kb

Sorry, MTF in all is not the way, why so many people ask every time for this?

Hi erdenmensch,

Could you explain ur reasons plz, I guess i havnt fully understood the concepts behind MTF

I recently observed that these 4 TF bar indicators like non lagMA, Triggerlines etc.. when they refresh the bars they make a huge difference for what they initially painted, I mean talk about major false singles, IMO, using 4 TF bars for trading is very unrealible.

Cheers.

erdenmensch:
Sorry, MTF in all is not the way, why so many people ask every time for this?

... show people the right way!

claypot:
Hi erdenmensch,

Could you explain ur reasons plz, I guess i havnt fully understood the concepts behind MTF

I recently observed that these 4 TF bar indicators like non lagMA, Triggerlines etc.. when they refresh the bars they make a huge difference for what they initially painted, I mean talk about major false singles, IMO, using 4 TF bars for trading is very unrealible.

Cheers.

Yes it is, let me explain you. When you set MTF at 240 and your chart is on 60 timeframe it repaint the last 4 or 5 candles, when the signal is change. Is this great? Ive a automatic system so I dont need MTF.

Reason: