Where did the "STI" thread move - page 2

I have the settings at TP 20 SL 50 running EURUSD, GBPUSD USDCHF

on 30 min. I don't know a great deal about the EA.

Since yesterday 4 trades 4 wins 3 trades active, trialing on a demo.

I think it works best if it is left to run most of the time which I can't do, (work gets in the way). I will demo it for the next 2 weeks and see how it goes before trying it live.

Files:

Thanx , keep me posted on your progress , I'll try the same setting as you , I'm running this EA on 2 demo.

TSI version

image3022:
I have the settings at TP 20 SL 50 running EURUSD, GBPUSD USDCHF

on 30 min. I don't know a great deal about the EA.

Since yesterday 4 trades 4 wins 3 trades active, trialing on a demo.

I think it works best if it is left to run most of the time which I can't do, (work gets in the way). I will demo it for the next 2 weeks and see how it goes before trying it live.

Hi ! I am new to this forum, I am using STI_v3[1].1 Which one are you using?

guess the settings question got answered while I was waiting for the server to come back up.

mark, what settings are you using on EURUSD M30? TP and SL?

I didn't have time to read the thread properly before it was moved, does anyone know how this EA works? I tried to translate the title... closest I could come up with is something like "Intraday? Speed-Up/Acceleration Breakout System" and I think I remember reading something about it working the reverse of original intention, so maybe it should translate to "... Breakout Reversal System"

image3022:
Hi halfasleep, I was also fortunate enough to download all versions before it was moved. Have you done much testing? I am currently testing it on a 30 min chart with great results although I have very limited time I have not had a loss yet. yesterday the 20th four trades four wins 61 pips on EUR/USD. regards Mark

ycomp:
mark, what settings are you using on EURUSD M30? TP and SL? I didn't have time to read the thread properly before it was moved, does anyone know how this EA works? I tried to translate the title... closest I could come up with is something like "Intraday? Speed-Up/Acceleration Breakout System" and I think I remember reading something about it working the reverse of original intention, so maybe it should translate to "... Breakout Reversal System"

About title I think it is Lettish language. Or Lithuanian.

Yes Lettish language, sure.

I do not know translation.

I think latvian but I didn't try lithuanian

Hi ycomp

I have tried settings at sl 50 tp 20, sl 30 tp 15, it seems to work best in a choppy market, i had three losses in a row today but i will keep testing, it may be worth subscribing to the elite area to get the latest developments. I have a problem with my paypal account so i havn't been able to subscribe.

Let me know how your testing is going.

Hi fx-hedger

I am using STI v3.1, i think it was the latest version before they moved, how is your testing going?, what settings are you using?

I suspect for this strategy to work you need a larger SL:TP ratio. something like 4 or 5 or 6 or more? to 1. This is just my guess I haven't really tested it but I think this strategy relies on lots of small wins to offet a couple of big losses. If you have too many losses it probably won't work and if you set your SL too tight you would probably have too many losses.

also because of this it will be really hard to get a reliable picture of this system if you are not running it all the time.

also the SL and TP settings that work on one currency are probably unlikely to work on another.

but this is all just based mostly on my gut feeling, I haven't been observing this system very long or been learning about fx for long either.

Reason: