Where did the "STI" thread move - page 5

kumawat:
Hi

Manager which broker you are using.

one thing is there it is not giving good profit on Interbankfx. May be lot of user for this EA on that platform.

STI got wiped out on IBfx today. I added a Stochastic (D1 Period) filter to STI and it Backtests pretty good. If you set to use Stoch it will only open trades in the direction of the daily stochastics and keep you out of periods like today with trades in the wrong direction.

Does anyone have any different ideas on how to manage trades to either keep them from entering against the trend or close them when trend is strong in opposite direction of open trades?

Thanks for your reply.

i am not a coder like you so i cannot modify EA to have filter as suggested by you.

This EA works with naked price.

I'd think if today's trend would have a certain structure which this EA could eat it could have traded with the trend. IMHO

What Stoch settings on D! do you use?

i tested 5,3,3

Let's see what stoch will do in this case.

TSD also has filters of that kind

StDev may also be interesting. Say it shall prohibit certain trades if its number exceeds some limit...imho

alp:
Let's see what stoch will do in this case.

TSD also has filters of that kind

StDev may also be interesting. Say it shall prohibit certain trades if its number exceeds some limit...imho

How many periods should i look back and what StDev number signals a significant trend?

Just eyeballing it, it looks like anything >.0015 on M15 20periods looks like a significant market move.

Nicholishen:
How many periods should i look back and what StDev number signals a significant trend? Just eyeballing it, it looks like anything >.0015 on M15 20periods looks like a significant market move.

Yes that's right. However when the price returns to an outer Stdev channel we miss a possible good trade.

Nevertheless I tend to think we shall avoid any trade outside this number

SRT Filter

We maybe able to use the StepMA Stoch as a filter only taking buy trades when the fast line is above the slow line and the reverse for sell orders. The StepRSI also gives good short term trend indications.

image3022:
We maybe able to use the StepMA Stoch as a filter only taking buy trades when the fast line is above the slow line and the reverse for sell orders. The StepRSI also gives good short term trend indications.

I don't have StepRSI, can you post it?

Reason: