Where did the "STI" thread move - page 6

I would nevertheless try to improve the inner structure of this EA experimenting with descending and ascending loops and periods.

If it appears to be impossible then to add some indicators there

StepRsi

steprsi_v2_1.mq4

steprsi_v2.ex4

Here you go. Think this is what your looking for..I have never attached anything, so I may have to re-send..

leighton

Files:

brilliant performance on EURJPY on M30 with 8 wins and only one loss and a complete failure on Cable M15 wiping out almost all last week's profit

Hi Nick

Here are the versions of StepMA Stoch and StepRSI that I have been using.

Files:

Do we need to reset this ea daily so it places the pd markers in the correct spots or does it not matter??

faifarni:
Do we need to reset this ea daily so it places the pd markers in the correct spots or does it not matter??

The markers are only on the chart from the initialization process. The same algorithm that draws those on the chart runs every tick within the EA, but does not draw new markers. So the answer is no, you don't have to reinitialize the EA to run it, just to see the markers.

inner structure

I tweaked the inner structure as alp had suggested,and ran it on the strategy tester with good results. When going forward the results were amazingly different. To my surprise they were opposite of what the tested had depicted. Here is the trade statement. I am going to run it tomorrow, and if it gets these same results, i'll try to reverse the entire program.

This EA is designed for NON-TRENDING times. This EA is awesome during whipsaw times in the market.

However, when major economic news comes out (as it did the last couple days) it gets destroyed fast.

The reason is is that the EA is designed to work off the principle of support and resistance and it typically goes AGAINST the trend when it executes a trade.

During regular market, this would be a perfect EA as it finds the whipsaws and profits from them.

However, since the U.S. News of Home sales dropped dramatically, this allowed a run (trending) of all USD related currency pairs (which are all the major ones).

What needs to happen is to tell the EA when it breaks through a support/resistance line to "switch postions" at that point. I am not sure how this can be done, but that is what needs to happen.

This is why I believe that lower stops are probably best as if it does break through a resistance point (against you) then you can then switch positions and go long/short depending on your trade.

I hope this helps.

Nicholishen:
I tweaked the inner structure as alp had suggested,and ran it on the strategy tester with good results. When going forward the results were amazingly different. To my surprise they were opposite of what the tested had depicted. Here is the trade statement. I am going to run it tomorrow, and if it gets these same results, i'll try to reverse the entire program.

Here's my translation from the russian kbpauk forum:

Strategy: long entry if the previous bar's high is the highest among 3 preceding bars and the ask price (not clear current or previous - alp) of the bar is lower than the price open ( i.e the candle is bearsish)

and vice versa for short.

Exits by a SL or TP

That is why it always start trading against the trend.

Pls check this in the code.

That was very short thread in October 2004

If that's the case I will try to find another post about where the glitch is and why there's huge profit in the tester

alp:
Here's my translation from the russian kbpauk forum:

Strategy: long entry if the previous bar's high is the highest among 3 preceding bars and the ask price (not clear current or previous - alp) of the bar is lower than the price open ( i.e the candle is bearsish)

and vice versa for short.

Exits by a SL or TP

That is why it always start trading against the trend.

Pls check this in the code.

That was very short thread in October 2004

If that's the case I will try to find another post about where the glitch is and why there's huge profit in the tester

Thanks for the translation alp! Did you notice that the first for loop sends it looking for these conditions up to 20 bars back?

I am noticing that it is getting good entry points when the market is volitile. Here is a portion of what i am seeing on my end. It seems to be a consistent pattern. I am wondering if it might not be possible to completely reverse the system, so to add a small sl and a large tp. Then trade only during busy market times.

Files:
Reason: