slight mod + regular extern colors option

EA for this would be fine

fxbs:

Great one Thanks fxbs, mladen

fxbs:

Thats great fxbs how do I pick that up in icustom? something like

double STC1=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"STC_Plot_dcec",STCPeriod,FastMAPeriod,SlowMAPeriod,MaxBarsToCount,0,i);

doesn't work

If you want "STC_Plot_dcec" to calculate Schaff trend cycle values you should use this form of iCustom call :

double STC1=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"STC_Plot_dcec","calculateSCHAF",STCPeriod,FastMAPeriod,SlowMAPeriod,0,i);

The "calculateSCHAF" value in the first parameter is essential for calculating values. Also no need for a MaxBarsToCount parameter since this way it is never going to be used. Anyway, you should also know that the values returned that way do not differ from the "regular" "Schaff trend cycle" indicator values in any way Indicator does not use any buffers in its top instance (the top instance draws indicator as a collection of objects without using any buffers for that) hence you must "jump over" the top instance in order to reach the calculations done by it.

regards

mladen

increase:
Thats great fxbs how do I pick that up in icustom?

something like

double STC1=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"STC_Plot_dcec",STCPeriod,FastMAPeriod,SlowMAPeriod,MaxBarsToCount,0,i);

doesn't work

Schaff swing indicator

Hi:

I'm new to all this.

Where can I find the Schaff Swing Indicator? I have googled but cannot find one t o work with Metatrader 4.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Mladen,

I appreciate your great work. Is that possible to add an alert or arrow to Plot stc indicator?

Have a good pipping

schaff trigger indicator

fxbs:

HI

do you have the schaff trigger indicator that goes with the sTC?

can 't find it anywhere.

thanks?

Mladen for urgent help, please...

Mladen, I am using your Schaff_Trend_Cycle_mtf indicator with great success PROVIDING that the setting is set to "0" in other words I do not use the MTF component.

When I do use the MTF component as in running an M5-setting on an M-1 TF, the indicator moves 5 candles at the same time. Worse, when you use M30 data on M1 of course.

I have asked some advise but nothing is forthcoming so I am asking again publicly, please help. I just love this indicator and in MTF format it will be a gem to behold.

I will post the indicator with the express wish that you please fix it.

Thanking you in advance.

ValeoFX:
Mladen, I am using your Schaff_Trend_Cycle_mtf indicator with great success PROVIDING that the setting is set to "0" in other words I do not use the MTF component.

When I do use the MTF component as in running an M5-setting on an M-1 TF, the indicator moves 5 candles at the same time. Worse, when you use M30 data on M1 of course.

I have asked some advise but nothing is forthcoming so I am asking again publicly, please help. I just love this indicator and in MTF format it will be a gem to behold.

I will post the indicator with the express wish that you please fix it.

Thanking you in advance.

1. Valeo, - "fix" usually mean - something wrong with indicator - errors etc.;

Schaff_Trend_Cycle_mtf.mq4 - works as it should - no errors, there is nothing wrong with it - nothing to "fix"

ValeoFX:

that's how MTF formula works - to get familiar what is mtf and how MTF component works - please read the MTF indicators thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

p.s. though it been explained too many times, but...: mtf plotting the same indicator's value from higher TF on lower - current (let's say 4h value on 1h); one 4Hbar contains 4 one-hour bars, - so on H1 you will see one big step: 4bars wide - value of ind.from H4 plotted on H1; (and value of this up-to-4-bar-step would change same as this last open H4 bar changes (which it represent), until it close )

who not comfortable with mtf feature - can use separate H1 and H4 charts: mtf value - its same h4 value (mtf only plots this h4 value on h1 from open zero (current, last) H4 bar to close H4 bar

Reason: