ExtGartleyTypeSearch 2

Files:
67_a.bmp  1652 kb
67.bmp  1112 kb
67aa.gif  56 kb
67_find.tpl  34 kb

Zup Questions

Hello Poruchik,

thank you for posting the Zup indicator and information. I have downloaded, installed and traded with Zup67 for the past week to test it out. I have run it with only default settings except I have infoTF set to true to show the names of the patterns (e.g. Bullish Gartley, etc.). All in all, I think it is great.

I have a few questions and comments. First of all what is the strategy one should use, and interpretation one should make of the size and the shape of the red rectangular box? Some times it is taller and narrower. Other times it is shorter and wider. I know it is good to have a Limit Entry order placed just before the pattern completion with a fairly tight stop. I was just wondering about the thinking behind the red rectangle.

Have a look at the screen shot of the attached chart. Why does the red rectangle not move to the right edge of the right blue triangle? Is this a bug?

It would be great if the red rectangle had the OBJECT_BACK feature enabled so it would draw in the background. Too often it draws right on top of the wicks of the candles preventing me from seeing the wicks. It's been a while since I used that piece of code so I forget the syntax and do not know which line or lines of code to change. Please advise what code to change and what the changes are to make the rectangle draw in the background. Perhaps these changes could be made permanent in the next version.

It would be great if there was an alert that would activate only when a new blue pattern shows up on the screen. Is there such an alert? I tried the ExtAlert but it seems to give too many signals. What exactly is it signalling?

Some Gartley experts claim that unless the Gartley has segment AB = CD, then the pattern is not as effective. It seems the indicator also identifies patterns where AB does not equal CD. It would be great if the indicator showed us when AB=CD so we would know it was a "better" pattern.

Also I notice the indicator will identify the pattern, and show a light green colour to indicate it is a fib number but the ratios don't match conventional wisdom. By conventional wisdom, I mean the standard ratios as per the attached diagram. Please comment.

Since there is so much code, this indicator takes a lot of resources. Are other features that are not turned on in default mode still running in the background? I was wondering if there is a way to make it go faster? I have a fairly new computer with a Pentium D930 Duo Core 3.0 Mz processor with 2 x 2 MB cache so I am a bit surprised that it is sometimes slow. Sometimes MT4 temporarily does not respond for a few or several seconds while the indicator is computing away. For now, I run a completely separate MT4 with only one chart and only with Zup running. Then it is not too slow but adding other indicators and charts really slows things down.

Thanks again for all your efforts Poruchik and please pass along my comments to nen. Sorry I don't speak or read Russian or I would post to nen on the Onix site.

I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Cheers!

WRR

Files:
zup.zip  235 kb

see - (if nen give answer) ZUP for english users - Onix

Hello

I have MT4 ......

none of these zup files are working or tpl files

whe can some one please write these harmonic files in .mq4 files or

anything that the mts4 ea can read .............?

or is there a way that MT4 can read these Zup files ....?

thanx alot guys

To Get Indicator To Work

marketwavez,

TO GET INDICATOR TO WORK, you must check the box "Allow DLL imports" in the Common Tab of the indicator's properties. Try it.

WRR

marketwavez:
Hello

I have MT4 ......

none of these zup files are working or tpl files

whe can some one please write these harmonic files in .mq4 files or

anything that the mts4 ea can read .............?

or is there a way that MT4 can read these Zup files ....?

thanx alot guys
Files:
-_2.jpg  10 kb

WRR:
Hello Traders! Attached please find my new indicator that gives Alerts for nen's ZUP indicator.

First credit must be given to “nen” for writing ZUP indicator. The original development of the indicator is found at this link:

http://onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=118&view=findpost&p=220949

I have modified the Gartley Patterns section of the “ZUP_v67.mq4” indicator in a few places to allow it to export data to another indicator I wrote. The file with the modifications to nen’s indicator is called ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4.

The indicator I wrote called “ZUP_v67.01_WRR_INFO.mq4” pulls data from nen’s indicator and does the following:

Draws a text block on the chart with the following:

Is there a pattern?

Which Pattern?

Minimum and maximum price range in which Pattern is valid.

The above is the same information as is available in Comments when ZUP is set to show one pattern and the infoTF switch is turned on.

In addition to what ZUP does, WRR_ZUP_INFO does this:

Allows you see the text even if Comments from other indicators are running.

This text block can easily be moved anywhere on the chart

You can easily change font sizes and colours,

and it tells you:

Pattern Failed?

Size of range in which pattern is valid

Pips Risk to entry if pattern fails.

Alerts when new Patterns form

Alerts when Patterns FAIL

You can get these Alerts for multiple timeframes by opening the relevant charts.

The only adjustments on the ZUP_WRR_INFO indicator besides font settings and text positions is an Alert on or off control.

Attached is a sample Template, sample Profiles, a copy of the modified ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4 indicator, my ZUP_v67.01_WRR_ZUP_INFO.mq4 indicator and a quick NEWBIE INSTALL.txt file.

If you open my indicator with the MT4 editor you will see some notes on what I did to nen's indicator to get this all to work.

TO GET the ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4 INDICATOR TO WORK, you must check the box "Allow DLL imports" in the Common Tab of the indicator's properties.

Hopefully nen will get the ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4 indicator and leave my export data code in place when he updates to ZUP_v68.mq4.

Poruchik, perhaps you could pass my files along to nen?

Cheers,

WRR

Thank you very much WRR!

This will greatly help to filter false signal. Sorry to say that I don't know programming. Anyway, hopefully we can pull all the ideas, to make this indicator a success one.

One more question is, what is the entry risk ration is safe to enter trade?

Thanks!

Wrr_zup_info

Here are a couple of screen shots of an indicator I wrote that pulls data off nen's ZUP indicator, calculates trade risk and provides alerts when patterns occur and when the FAIL.

I will post the indicator soon.

WRR

Files:
single_02.gif  18 kb
multi_02.gif  80 kb

Wrr_zup_info with Alerts

Hello Traders! Attached please find my new indicator that gives Alerts for nen's ZUP indicator.

First credit must be given to “nen” for writing ZUP indicator. The original development of the indicator is found at this link:

http://onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=118&view=findpost&p=220949

I have modified the Gartley Patterns section of the “ZUP_v67.mq4” indicator in a few places to allow it to export data to another indicator I wrote. The file with the modifications to nen’s indicator is called ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4.

The indicator I wrote called “ZUP_v67.01_WRR_INFO.mq4” pulls data from nen’s indicator and does the following:

Draws a text block on the chart with the following:

Is there a pattern?

Which Pattern?

Minimum and maximum price range in which Pattern is valid.

The above is the same information as is available in Comments when ZUP is set to show one pattern and the infoTF switch is turned on.

In addition to what ZUP does, WRR_ZUP_INFO does this:

Allows you see the text even if Comments from other indicators are running.

This text block can easily be moved anywhere on the chart

You can easily change font sizes and colours,

and it tells you:

Pattern Failed?

Size of range in which pattern is valid

Pips Risk to entry if pattern fails.

Alerts when new Patterns form

Alerts when Patterns FAIL

You can get these Alerts for multiple timeframes by opening the relevant charts.

The only adjustments on the ZUP_WRR_INFO indicator besides font settings and text positions is an Alert on or off control.

Attached is a sample Template, sample Profiles, a copy of the modified ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4 indicator, my ZUP_v67.01_WRR_ZUP_INFO.mq4 indicator and a quick NEWBIE INSTALL.txt file.

If you open my indicator with the MT4 editor you will see some notes on what I did to nen's indicator to get this all to work.

TO GET the ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4 INDICATOR TO WORK, you must check the box "Allow DLL imports" in the Common Tab of the indicator's properties.

Hopefully nen will get the ZUP_v67.01_WRR.mq4 indicator and leave my export data code in place when he updates to ZUP_v68.mq4.

Poruchik, perhaps you could pass my files along to nen?

Cheers,

WRR

Sorry but I had a bug in the WRR_ZUP_INFO code which is now fixed. I replaced attachments below.

Files:

RosDaBoss:
thank you poruchik for posting that template file. i still wasn't able to load template in strategybuilder, so i opened it up with notepad. i think i copied the parameters correctly. i've created a image file of zup 76 settings that poruchik uses. ***don't guarantee to be accurate*** but it's working for me at least. when i loaded same USDCAD H1 with ZUP76settings(i copied from template file), it did differ from poruchik. so there may be a parameter that i missed.

Ross, what software do u use to capture the picture input settings ?

Reason: