Discussion - page 23

andrewpttsbrgh:
I'm very new to this and I'm hoping some of you guys can give me a hand. I've only been doing this for a about a month, hence I still have tons to learn. I am the type that's willing to sit and read so I'm hoping some of you might be able to name a book or point me in the direction of some tutorials or places to look. I am reading a lot here and I am trying things. I've been working with a few demo accounts and I just opened a real account. Though I only started it with $300 usd on a mini account. I know to no invest more than I can loose. Thanks for any help guys. drew

There are Codersguru lessons here and here. And how to start with elite section thread.

mulitple eas running on 1 acct?

Hello all,

I am new to MT so this may seem like a dumb question, but what can it hurt to ask - right

I have been manually testing a strategy that uses pivot points and trends. It seems to be very successful so far, but manually backtesting is taking me TONS of time.

Anyway, I am working on an EA to save some time backtesting and to try different parm levels. (struggling at this but still trying - if worse comes to worse I may hire someone to do it for me)

I am currently using IB for a demo acct for backtesting and Oanda for manual enter of orders for forward testing until I can get this dang EA working. When reading the IB FAQ I noticed it said you can only have 1 EA running at a time per acct.

For backtesting this is fine. But if I decide to go live with my EA rather than manually entering the orders, I will need to have 6 EA's running, as I will run it on each of 6 currancy pairs.

Does anyone have any experience with IB and running more than 1 EA on the same acct? If so, is it possible?

If not, can someone suggest a broker with low spreads,mt4, and allow multiple eas at the same time?

Thanks in advance for your help. This is a great forum - very informative and people seem very willing to help!

Brenda

I don't know about this limitation anything (one EA per account). I think you may use any EA as you can. It is the problem of EA coding one (magic number for example).

may be you have some specific broker ...

willing to pay someone to write ea and indicator for me

Hello all,

I am new to MT and have a pretty basic ea and indicator that I am struggling to write.

I have it pseudo coded but am struggling with the actual coding. I have the code working with a few exceptions - but it may be better to have someone start from scratch so i can use an expereinced persons logic moving forward instead of a newbies wack code LOL.

At this point it may be worth it to hire someone to do it for me so I can move on with my backtesting/forwardtesting and tweaking and then learn more about coding as I have more time.

Just high level this is what I am looking at - I can supply more detail if someone decides to do it

-I am looking for both ea (for backtesting and possible live trading) and an indicator as I am currently doing forward testing and may end up live trading doing manual orders and indicator would give me the orders)

-Parms based on pair - this can be a set file or a tbl in the ea/indictor - i am currently trading on 6 pairs all using different sl/tp and ranges to make decisions on

-I have the formulas to calc pp/r/s levels

-only execute orders at gmt 00:00 -close any open and open new(my current code is not doing this and is creating multiple orders based on time frame and i only want a given set of orders per day per pair - this issue is causing problems when i try to run on more accurate backtesting data - i need to be able to run strategy tester on every tick instead of open prices only because open orders is not taking profit on several orders that is should have if using every tick)

-calculate pivot point and r and s levels from yesterdays data (exception being Monday - use Fridays data)

-based on open price, pp and r and s levels - execute several orders (i have several strategies within this but I can code those once the main logic is done - logic for now for 1st set of orders can be as simple as if above pp open a buy,if below open a sell using parms as tp/sl - just for example purposes and i will finish this off) (it will also open 2nd set of orders at x pips from open - one a buy and one a sell using parms for x pips from,tp/sl)

-exception logic if close to pp (% from pp do blah) I can code this later, for now just have it display something like "to close to pp" and place second set of orders only

-trailing stop logic to run continuosly on open orders(there will be several pairs running at same time so needs to identify which order to change sl to based on pair params)

-basic money management(dont open if margin is below blah)

NOTE - the indicator will be based on same logic and will plot the pivot/r/s lines and show orders to place.

Any input on what I should expect to pay to have someone write these?

Any recommendations on who would be good to do this is also appreciated

Anyone willing to write them for a price?

Thanks,

Brenda

To share or not to share, that's the problem!

shapeshifter:
Hello all,

I am new to MT and have a pretty basic ea and indicator that I am struggling to write.

I have it pseudo coded but am struggling with the actual coding. I have the code working with a few exceptions - but it may be better to have someone start from scratch so i can use an expereinced persons logic moving forward instead of a newbies wack code LOL.

At this point it may be worth it to hire someone to do it for me so I can move on with my backtesting/forwardtesting and tweaking and then learn more about coding as I have more time.

Just high level this is what I am looking at - I can supply more detail if someone decides to do it

-I am looking for both ea (for backtesting and possible live trading) and an indicator as I am currently doing forward testing and may end up live trading doing manual orders and indicator would give me the orders)

-Parms based on pair - this can be a set file or a tbl in the ea/indictor - i am currently trading on 6 pairs all using different sl/tp and ranges to make decisions on

-I have the formulas to calc pp/r/s levels

-only execute orders at gmt 00:00 -close any open and open new(my current code is not doing this and is creating multiple orders based on time frame and i only want a given set of orders per day per pair - this issue is causing problems when i try to run on more accurate backtesting data - i need to be able to run strategy tester on every tick instead of open prices only because open orders is not taking profit on several orders that is should have if using every tick)

-calculate pivot point and r and s levels from yesterdays data (exception being Monday - use Fridays data)

-based on open price, pp and r and s levels - execute several orders (i have several strategies within this but I can code those once the main logic is done - logic for now for 1st set of orders can be as simple as if above pp open a buy,if below open a sell using parms as tp/sl - just for example purposes and i will finish this off) (it will also open 2nd set of orders at x pips from open - one a buy and one a sell using parms for x pips from,tp/sl)

-exception logic if close to pp (% from pp do blah) I can code this later, for now just have it display something like "to close to pp" and place second set of orders only

-trailing stop logic to run continuosly on open orders(there will be several pairs running at same time so needs to identify which order to change sl to based on pair params)

-basic money management(dont open if margin is below blah)

NOTE - the indicator will be based on same logic and will plot the pivot/r/s lines and show orders to place.

Any input on what I should expect to pay to have someone write these?

Any recommendations on who would be good to do this is also appreciated

Anyone willing to write them for a price?

Thanks,

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

You have two choices to choose from:

1- If you will make this EA a public one, submit your description here and I code it for you!

2- If you want a private paid code, please go to www.xpworx.com/custom.htm and tell me full description and I'll return you with the price and deadline time!

e-Trailing Modification

Is someone able to make a modification to e-Trailing? The profit trailing is great however it isn't working on a chart only. It is setting trailing stops on all profiting trades.

We need an option so that it will only modify the chart it is attached to. Is someone able to make this modification and post the file here again to download?

Files:

sbwent:
Is someone able to make a modification to e-Trailing? The profit trailing is great however it isn't working on a chart only. It is setting trailing stops on all profiting trades. We need an option so that it will only modify the chart it is attached to. Is someone able to make this modification and post the file here again to download?

I looked inside the code and sems I can not do it quickly. May be some programmers will make it? It should be inserted magic number as in Igorad's MultiPositionExpert_v1.12.mq4. Besides EA should work on the chart atached (not on all the charts).

Why am I getting errors with these EAs?

It seems like not one of these EAs on this forum compiles without an error. What could I be doing wrong? I have MT4.

I'm trying to get Firebird and GridMACD without compiling with errors.

Ahh, I see, have to download the latest version of MT4, sorry.

Yoda_Glenn:
Ahh, I see, have to download the latest version of MT4, sorry.

And latest versions Firebird and GridMACD as well

Reason: