Discussion - page 16

fxspeedster:
Hi to all, I am having a peculiar problem and I hope somebody can offer me some help. I have 4 M5 charts opened (eur, gbp, jpy and chf) with the cyberiatrader EA. I noticed that the ram was low on my machine and the machine is very sluggish. I have nothing else running except IBFX MT4 and the machine has 1GB ram. Before loading MT4 I check the RAM and it shows 850Mb free. Once I load MT4 with the 4 charts the ram drops to 48Mb free. The ram usage for MT4 is 780 MB!! Cleaned the log files under the /log directories and ran MT4 again..same issue. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how it can be fixed? Thanks

I have the same problem with you. I do have separate installation for back test and for live trading. For back test, it has full historical data. And for live running, it has only a few months data.

But I am afraid the calculation of EA may be different for both system. Based on my findings, the one with full data will produce more accurate decision, though the MA/MACD calculation is taking 6-7 period only.

MT4 has memory leaks. By this I mean that it is probably written in C++ and there are bugs in some functions where objects are not destroyed and therefore hang onto their allocated memory until you close MT4 down.

Any EA using a buggy function lots of times (I have a feeling that some of the time related functions are like this) will eventually collapse the PC, often starting with a request by Windows to increase virtual memory. I have found that I can't optimise some quite normal looking EA's because of this.

Hi fxspeedster,

I have a solution for you.

Go to Tools > Options > Charts

Change Maximum Bars in Charts = 10000

Normally after uploading more historical data, this value is changed. However, we need to change it back to small value. So the program doesn't put everything into the chart.

Try it. Your memory usage will be normal...

fikko:
Hi fxspeedster,

I have a solution for you.

Go to Tools > Options > Charts

Change Maximum Bars in Charts = 10000

Normally after uploading more historical data, this value is changed. However, we need to change it back to small value. So the program doesn't put everything into the chart.

Try it. Your memory usage will be normal...

Thanks for your recommendation. It seems to resolve the problem

External Feed To MQ4

Hi,

I don't know about you guys but I am tired of market manipulation like NFP freeze, and from the lack of a proper feed into MQ4.

I think we need to get a proper feed into mq4 like Esignal etc, and use mq4 mainly as a tool for analysis.

The problem is that mq4 is server based in its roar form.

I already sent a PM to coders Guru on that since he is the master where it comes to mq4, and I was wondering if any of you coders or users know of any solution to this?

Igorad, or Coders Guru I know many Pro's here wish to pursue this - so I am calling for your help on this.

Tnx

If your serious get your own MT4 server for 100k and you will be able to connect any broker with API access and still use it as your trading platform.

smeden:
If your serious get your own MT4 server for 100k and you will be able to connect any broker with API access and still use it as your trading platform.

Tnx, for your reply

You raised an interesting point. There are many programs to create a local server, maybe this is a valid path ???

Some newb questions

When joining up to the elite section it mentioned how many pips people are making with automated systems in here,

I'm just wondering if there is any systems in here that are solid enough that anyone in here is actually using them with real money, something that will produce like 100 pips per month, if so which one would you guys recommend.

Thanks

Smith

None of the systems come into that category.

The question you should be asking. and I wish were talked about more in this forum, is which systems have the least drawdown?. This more than anything will determine how much leverage you can use, and therefore how much money the system can make on a given float without sleepless nights.

phampton,

It's a good point you make. I just read a very good description of the issue here: http://www.metastocktools.com/URSC/sysdev.htm

It seems to me that Total Net Profit divided by Relative Drawdown is the metric we really need to maximise.

Reason: